Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Apprentice

Re: OT Blanton prices

Hi Koji,

and first of all welcome.

Just as a matter of interest, there are four different Blantons available over here (Germany), at least as far as I know.

Blanton's 'Special Reserve' (80 proof) - $26
    Blanton's 'Single Barrel' (93 proof) - $33
    Blanton's 'Gold Edition' (103 proof) - $62 (!)
    Blanton's 'Silver Edition' (98 proof) - $66 (!!)

To be honest I never tried Blanton's but Linn (Howdy man ! How are you ?) told me that it has the same recipe as one of my favorites, Elmer T.Lee which is, according to Linn 'just a tad bit sweeter with a slightly more 'lazy' finish'. And since 'lazy finish' is my second name I was never tempted to try one of these expensive 'precious metal' editions.
    Btw, a bottle of Elmer T.Lee Single Barrel 90 proof costs about $30 over here.

Best,
    Ekki

Bourbonian of the Year 2003 and Super Moderator

I drew my pay last week and set about to squander a bit in the form of a bottle of Wild Turkey 12YO . I need to back it up with another before I try it ,(what discipline!) They only had 2 left I didn't ask if more was on the way. I'm at a loss however, about what to do this week, Let's see...The Eagle Rare and Sazerac 17 and 18 are back , get the Old Charter classic 90 as per Linn and Cowdery, load up on Dickle before it all disappears. I still need a 10year Bookers , Oh yes the McKenna in the little jug they are still plentiful here , Pappy 20 the new issue ...did I say I am getting thristy? So many choices !

Bobby Cox

**DONOTDELETE**

Hi Ekki!

I'm doin' fine. Thanks for asking. I've been teaching myself to play piano, and that's taking up a lot of my free time.

The prices you're paying for Elmer T. Lee and the regular 93 proof Blanton's are just about the same as I pay, so I'd say you're getting a good deal.

There are some collectors on this forum that would just love to have those 'precious metals' versions of Blanton's.

Linn Spencer

Have Shotglass. Will Travel.

**DONOTDELETE**

Re: 12 Y.O. Turkey

Bobby I've been told by the folks at Wild Turkey that all of the twelve year old stuff would all be going to Japan, but I wonder if it will continue to be available in Kentucky. Have you noticed any stores where it has simply disappeared never to be restocked?

Linn Spencer

Have Shotglass. Will Travel.

Bourbonian of the Year 2003 and Super Moderator

Linn, I will be going to Liquor Outlet tomorrow I'm going to ask about it . When they first stocked the 12YO they were loaded for bear there was a case or 2 on hand , and like I said I pulled 1 bottle last week and there were 2 left I will see if they have replenished or not. Actually the 12 YO didn't even make it to most stores that I frequent .It would always have been available for special order. Some of these guys may have been put off by the price. It goes for $48.00 here. This may not be a fair comparison but I had a hard time walking by 3 bottles of Elijah Craig 12 to pick up the 1 bottle of turkey! I don't mean any thing bad by that at all , Wild Turkey does a fine job in my book.

Bobby Cox

Guru

Bobby, Wild Turkey and Elijah Craig are two of my favorites, too. Rare Breed is my most favorite and EC 12-yr is certainly in my top ten. I love regular WT 101, as well.

Have a great time with your WT 12-yr!

Tim

Apprentice

Btw, pics of the 'precious metal' editions can be found here:

http://www.thewhiskystore.de/usa/aage/blantsilv_4.jpg

http://www.thewhiskystore.de/usa/aage/f05_6.jpg

Best,
    Ekki

Connoisseur

Hi Ekki,

What's the proof on Blanton's silver label?
    Thanks,
    Omar

Apprentice

Hi Omar,

the 'Silver Edition' is 98 proof.

Best,
    Ekki

Guru

Re: Wild Turkey 17 YO?

I misstated the price for Wild Turkey 101. It is $19, not $24. I don't know what I was thinking about, unless it was the 1.0 L price, but that is $26. So, it must have just been a brain fart.

Tim