Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Virtuoso

Re: Does your dog like whiskey?

Quote Originally Posted by cowdery View Post
    "My baby she loved bourbon but her mama didn't love me."

I have the knack.
    ...But the little girls understand the Knack
    Attached Images Attached Images

Enthusiast

I once left a glass of bourbon on the floor, which was partially swiped by a very expensive puppy, that I was 'looking after' for someone. The poor little thing must hardly had any, but then was unrousable for about 30 mins. Honestly I'm not sure if it was the whiskey, but it really freaked me out and I've always been very careful about letting animals near booze.
    Cheers,

Sion (AKA Bamber).

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Bamber View Post
    I once left a glass of bourbon on the floor, which was partially swiped by a very expensive puppy, that I was 'looking after' for someone. The poor little thing must hardly had any, but then was unrousable for about 30 mins. Honestly I'm not sure if it was the whiskey, but it really freaked me out and I've always been very careful about letting animals near booze.

A small dog could easily drink way too much. Alcohol poisoning is serious business. Duke only weighs 32 lbs soaking wet. I once went to the museum of science and industry in Chicago. They had a display of red liquid in various glass vessels representing the amount of blood in an elephant, a horse, a man, a sheep and a dog (a Cocker Spaniel). I can't remember how many ounces of blood was represented for the Cocker Spaniel but it wasn't much. An amount I could easily chug, let's put it that way.

I spoil my dog in just about every way possible. If I eat steak, he gets some too, If I'm drinking something and he shows an interest in it, I'll give him a taste by dipping my finger in the glass and offering it to him. But just a taste.

Getting an animal drunk is not funny, it is abuse. Letting your dog have a bit of his favorite tasty libation (and catch a slight buzz) well, that's love.

Guru

Leo would drink anything, everyone in the family has been on guard ever since he almost made his way into a neat pour of Lot B. Would have done him as he is a small dog.

Turns out there was no worry, Leo has sinced confided in me that he prefers WT products.
    Emancipate yourself from mental slavery. None but ourselves can free our minds.

Bob Marley.

My lab/Rhodesian Ridgeback mix drank rum from his bowl once. About 3/4 oz. He won't drink it any more.

Novice

Talking Re: Does your dog like whiskey?

I've got a little white miniature schnauzer. Only weighs 10 pounds. Whenever I'm drinking she loves to hop in my lap and try to kiss me. She loves the smell. I've got to be careful not to leave glasses with Bourbon sitting around because she'll be on it in not time. I've caught her more than a few times licking my empties.

Her favorite? George T Stagg. Whenever I'm drinking this, my breath is toxic for 15 minutes afterwards... She loves to sit in my lap. When I breath she'll lick at the air.

Novice

I've been forced to put a lock on my liquor cabinet. My black lab will sneak in when I'm not home and help himself. I came home last night and found two empty bottles, several glasses around with residue of bourbon and ice cubes still melting, and my dog sound asleep. I suspect he's been inviting some of his friends in.