Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Guru

Cool Re: What's is your daily Pour?

I probably have Wild Turkey 101 more often than anything else.

Tim
    Self-Styled Whisky Connoisseur

Guru

Re: What's is your daily Pour?

I mix it up pretty regularly. Bourbon, rye and Irish with the occasional scotch. but on the whole I drink more bourbon than anything else and more WT RB than any other bourbon.

Guru

My daily pour is whiskey; bourbon or rye. I have about 18 bourbons/rye's open and a couple of scotch's If I kept a record of my drinking habits, I'd probably see that I hit Lot B more than any other bourbon. My two new open bottles are ETL and FC....both very enjoyable. As TomH and Ubertaster said, I don't have a daily pour as I like to mix it up to keep it interesting.
    “Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.” - P.J. O’Rourke
    Greg's "bourbondork" blog

Connoisseur

Though I, too, keep a lot of whisk(e)y around, and like a good bit of variety day-to-day, I notice that my OC12, OGD BIB, WT101, and Knob Creek wind up empty more frequently than anything else. All are relatively inexpensive, too, and they all work as neat sippers or mixers.

Enthusiast

I like to keep a lot of bottles open but the bottles that are always returned to are Dickel No. 12, Old Forester BIB and Wild Turkey 101/RR101.

If only I could find it in South Jersey, Weller 12 YO would be a daily pour.

For me Wild Turkey 101 is tops on the rye side. Old Fitz BIB is my favorite wheater these days.

Connoisseur

Ew 1783
    Tim

To alcohol! The cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems.

Advanced Taster

BT

If I happen to be particularly budget conscious when I'm at the store, EC12

Bourbonian of the Year 2002 and Guru

Few of us here, I believe, have a true "daily pour," although we may have a portfolio of "preferred products," which we drink more often than most. For me it's any Weller or Fitzgerald, Evan Williams Single Barrel, Very Old Barton BIB and Rittenhouse Rye BIB, but I probably drink from the porfolio less than half of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by cowdery View Post
    Few of us here, I believe, have a true "daily pour," although we may have a portfolio of "preferred products," which we drink more often than most. For me it's any Weller or Fitzgerald, Evan Williams Single Barrel, Very Old Barton BIB and Rittenhouse Rye BIB, but I probably drink from the porfolio less than half of the time.
    Exactly right. Even after leaving a dozen or so bottles in Bardstown for the Gazebo upon leaving Saturday, I currently have open (full-size bottles only; 750ml or larger) 24 bourbons, 10 ryes, 5 'other' American whiskeys, 3 Canadians, 2 Irish, 6 single malt Scotch, 1 New Zealand single malt, and 2 Japan whiskeys -- but about half the time I pour the 5-6 wheated bourbons, all but one Stitzel-Weller.
    Tim