Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.

Thread: Wild game

Apprentice

Wild game

I read, and drooled over, the cheese thread. I too love cheese, all kinds. Generally itís with my beer, but being new to bourbon, Iíve discovered some great new pairings. Hereís my latest discovery. I love wild game, whether itís elk, bison, venison, turkey (uh huh huh, wild turkey), or any game birds, the more robust flavor pairs very well with stronger and smoked cheeses. I found last night that bourbon also adds to my enjoyment. I grilled some venison loin wrapped in bacon, very lightly seasoned with a red pepper mix and found the aroma mixed with my ETL to be very pleasing. The flavors complemented each other very well also. I think I will try some bourbon based bbq on some rabbit, maybe pheasant. Anyone else a fan of the wild game or other more exotic meats?

Taster

Re: Wild game

Definitely a fan. Venison, Elk, Ducks, Geese, Pheasant, Doves, Turkey, Quail etc. I grew up hunting and regularly eating game.

New Years we brined, smoked and deep fried a couple wild turkeys. Wild Turkey 101 was a fitting accompaniment.
    Bob O.