Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bourbon gift for groomsmen

Hi I'm getting married in a few months and I like to give my groomsmen a nice gift of bourbon. I'm not a complete noob. My buddy and I took a pilgrimage to about 6 distilleries in KY a few years ago so I know a little. That said I would like some suggestions. Ideally it would be something special but nothing too crazy expensive (ie. $100). Maybe a few options in the $30-50 range but I'm willing to go higher.

At first I wanted to get some custom labels made. I know knob creek and WT RR have that option, but I didn't want to limit myself.

I generally drink Maker's but I haven't tried a whole lot of varieties. WT has some symbolic meaning because myself and 2 of my groomsmen went to Virginia Tech. (Turkey ~ hokie bird)

Anyway thanks for the help.

Bourbonian of the Year 2011

Re: Bourbon gift for groomsmen

I don't know about private labels, but for high quality and great value, I recommend Elijah Craig 12 years old.

Gary

Connoisseur

I think the personalized label on a bourbon would be very cool as a groomsmen gift. Although I might prefer a bottle of Pappy 20 with no personalization!

Connoisseur

Are the groomsmen Bourbon people...I mean would they appreciate something really nice? If you aren't sure or the answer is no then I'd just go with the personalized lable idea.

Honestly, it sounds to me like you've answered your own question. Personalized lable of the WT RR sounds like it would be just about perfect in your situation...

Quote Originally Posted by jwrussell View Post
    Are the groomsmen Bourbon people...I mean would they appreciate something really nice? If you aren't sure or the answer is no then I'd just go with the personalized lable idea.

Honestly, it sounds to me like you've answered your own question. Personalized lable of the WT RR sounds like it would be just about perfect in your situation...

one of them is a bourbon guy. Not so much the others, but none of them would turn it down. I think the WT RR is a good choice but wouldn't mind something a little nicer.

I was perusing my Binny's this morning and was looking at the Elijah Craig.

Bad Girl and Bourbonian Of The Year 2012

I know the guys will sneer at me for saying this, but Elijah Craig has a love it or hate it following. Don't do it. Pick a different one!

Personally, I'd get a wild turkey product OR VanWinkle Lot B. Make your own gold stickers and put them on! OR.....since you like Makers Mark, get the gold bottles, send in the information for the personal label and WALA! You're good to go OR.....you could even give them a nice set of bourbon glasses and have your names and wedding date etched in the glass......

OK.....I'm done now!

Dawn

Bourbonian of the Year 2010 and Guru

Quote Originally Posted by luv2hunt View Post
    I know the guys will sneer at me for saying this, but Elijah Craig has a love it or hate it following. Don't do it. Pick a different one!

Personally, I'd get a wild turkey product OR VanWinkle Lot B. Make your own gold stickers and put them on! OR.....since you like Makers Mark, get the gold bottles, send in the information for the personal label and WALA! You're good to go OR.....you could even give them a nice set of bourbon glasses and have your names and wedding date etched in the glass......

OK.....I'm done now!

Dawn
    What she said.

The personalized Makers bottle would work well as a decanter later, and the glasses will last much longer than any bourbon.
    2010 Bourbonian of the Year

As long as you have good whiskey you're not "unemployed", you're "Funemployed!!!"

I'm no Pappyophile

I'm liking the idea of engraved/etched glasses. Any idea where to get such a beast? I found that Riedel makes a 'bourbon' glass but no idea how to etch them. I usually drink from an old fashioned glass myself.

Taster

Check around locally and see if you can find someplace to do the etching. Make sure they will do it for you on merchandise you bring in to them. This way you are not limited to whatever they carry.
    Bob O.

Guru

Rock Hill Farms is a great bourbon in a very attractive decanter bottle. Looks good and makes a great gift!
    John B

"Drinking when we are not thirsty and making love at all seasons… that is all there is to distinguish us from other animals."