Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Corner Creek

Apprentice

Corner Creek

I'm always in the market for a new bourbon, and wondering about Corner Creek. For those who have had it, what do you think? Is there another bourbon out there you could compare it to?

Thanks.

Re: Corner Creek

I bought a bottle last year. I didnt like it at all. I felt it was a waist of $25. There is much better bourbon for that price.

Bourbonian of the Year 2002 and Guru

When I could get it for right around $20, I thought it pretty good for the price. I don't think it is any longer being made, though, so if you try it and like it, don't become too attached. It may be hard to replace.

Enthusiast

I've always liked corner creek, and since locally it is priced the same as WT101 and jb black, I always keep a bottle or two around. It is different, and I have a hard time quantifying the difference, but I do like it.

Try it, what's the worst that can happen?

Disciple

When I was visiting KBD in September they were bottling Corner Creek.

Leif
    Swedish lover of American whiskey

Advanced Taster

Quote Originally Posted by drli View Post
    I bought a bottle last year. I didnt like it at all. I felt it was a waist of $25. There is much better bourbon for that price.
    I'll second that. I bought a bottle about 2 yrs ago and my recollection is that I found it rather thin, harsh, and non-complex. Tom V

My wife just got me 2 bottles for my birthday. Binny's have it for $17.99, it was just the $90 Fedex charge that was a real bitch!!
    I don't mind this bourbon. I had no expectations, as I had never read about it here before, but I have had worse bourbon. I also found it rather non-complex, although it made a nice mixer.

Scott
    "I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day" - Frank Sinatra

Administrator in exile

Quote Originally Posted by cowdery View Post
    When I could get it for right around $20, I thought it pretty good for the price. I don't think it is any longer being made, though, so if you try it and like it, don't become too attached. It may be hard to replace.
    That's too bad. I need to get out and try to find a couple bottles. Was I asleep when this news was discovered?
    Simplicity is the essence of universality - MK Ghandi

Advanced Taster

Quote Originally Posted by HighTower View Post
    My wife just got me 2 bottles for my birthday. Binny's have it for $17.99, it was just the $90 Fedex charge that was a real bitch!!
    I don't mind this bourbon. I had no expectations, as I had never read about it here before, but I have had worse bourbon. I also found it rather non-complex, although it made a nice mixer.

Scott
    I have a couple of bottles my wife got me as gifts and that makes them kind of special to me, and as you say, you can always find a good use for any bourbon!

That Fedex charge is a real killer Scott! If I were in your shoes, I would order only fairly high end stuff (you're gonna pay a lot regardless) and as much as I could afford at a time, as I expect it costs proportionately less after you soak up the initial charge.

Then again, if I were in your shoes, I'd go out and visit some great Australian wineries, and see some Kangeroos, take a bit of a drive through the outback, and try to squeeze in some reef fishing!! Tom V

Guru

I thought it was good... certainly one of the better KGD bottlings.
    John B

"Drinking when we are not thirsty and making love at all seasons… that is all there is to distinguish us from other animals."