Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.

Hybrid View

Taster

Fightin Cock ain't bad

For the price its not bad.. usually cheaper bourbons i dont like neat, but this one aint bad..

Guru

Re: Fightin Cock ain't bad

I agree. It's a little rough around the edges, but not to its detriment. I like it also.
    “Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.” - P.J. O’Rourke
    Greg's "bourbondork" blog

Taster

I concur. Bought a bottle a few months ago and it could have been MUCH worse. I don't feel bad mixing it either.

Enthusiast

I just got an airline sized bottle of FC103 from a local store. First impressions: brighter and slightly rougher than Evan Williams but immature compared to EC12. I could easily see having a glass of this three times a month.
    Man, this bourbon shows off a honeydew melon flavor that is sensational! Borderline over the top, but so unique!

Also, I heard Dane refer to FC103 as "The Kickin' Chicken." I like that nickname.
    Jeremy
    www.awksome.com

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful what we pretend to be.”
    --Kurt Vonnegut

Jeff and I agree that this is about the sweetest bourbon out there. I've called it 'bourbon syrup'.
    It is inoffensive, even pleasant, but complex it is not. Then again, it's not priced in the 'complex' range, either.
    Tim

Guru

I actually like to use FC as a mixer. For the price it's a better than most in the same price range and at a higher proof.
    “Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.” - P.J. O’Rourke
    Greg's "bourbondork" blog

Enthusiast

I try to avoid cross posting, but I wrote a more thorough review on the "other" FC103 thread:

http://www.straightbourbon.com/forum...071#post118071
    Jeremy
    www.awksome.com

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful what we pretend to be.”
    --Kurt Vonnegut