Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Advanced Taster

Re: Dalmore 12/Highland Park 12

Quote Originally Posted by AVB View Post
    I know there is a wide range of prices on the 18 yo. Vermont has it for $50 while PA is about $75. Like anything else you gotta shop around.
    Indeed the Highland Park 18 seems to be priced all over the board.
    I see it around Houston priced from $55 up to $95.
    For current bottlings, Specs Liquors is the place for best prices - they list HP12 at $35, HP15 at $55, HP18 at $85 and HP25 at $283.

~tp

Advanced Taster

Quote Originally Posted by ILLfarmboy View Post

I'd like to try the Highland Park 12, but when it comes to scotch buying/ trying something new, it is always such a hit or miss proposition I'm gun shy.
    FYI - I see Highland Park 12 year minis here in Houston all the time.
    Just thought I'd let you know in the event you were looking for something... cough, cough... like that... cough, cough...

~tp

Taster

As others have indicated both 12 year olds are great pours for less than absurd single malt financing.

I tend to fire away and reload on the Dalmore12 at least 2 if not 3 to 1 in HP12 purchases, mainly because for what ever reason, TJ's has shelved the Dalmore 12 for $19.99 for years now ...and counting. That price alone keeps much of the rest of the discussion somewhat moot for me.

Quote Originally Posted by tango-papa View Post
    For current bottlings, Specs Liquors is the place for best prices - they list HP12 at $35, HP15 at $55, HP18 at $85 and HP25 at $283.
    If you don't mind my asking, where in Houston have you seen HP18 for $55? I'd clean them out at that price.

I've never had the regular Dalmore 12 bottling, just the Superstition, which I didn't like at all. The smokiness was just too heavy-handed and self-conscious, if that makes any sense. The HP12 is one of my favorite whiskies.

Enthusiast

A good sms between HP and the Dalmore would be Old Pulteney it has the heathery and salty tones of HP and the fruity peaty tones of the Dalmore.Goes well with a nice cigar too.Eric.

Taster

The HP12 is fantastic. A very nice, well balanced Whisky. Eventually I will get to the 15 and 18...hopefully one day the 25. Other bottles keep getting in the way.
    Bob O.

Quote Originally Posted by mier View Post
    A good sms between HP and the Dalmore would be Old Pulteney it has the heathery and salty tones of HP and the fruity peaty tones of the Dalmore.Goes well with a nice cigar too.Eric.
    I like the Old Pulteney a great deal. The price is nice, too. Another one to try is Scapa, which is the other Orkney distillery besides HP. It has more heather and honey and less smoke than HP, and it's very enjoyable.

Connoisseur

If you look a bit closer you'll see that he lists the HP 15 at $55 not the 18. Also, AFAIK, Superstion is a Jura and not a Dalmore.

Quote Originally Posted by jcusey View Post
    If you don't mind my asking, where in Houston have you seen HP18 for $55? I'd clean them out at that price.

I've never had the regular Dalmore 12 bottling, just the Superstition, which I didn't like at all. The smokiness was just too heavy-handed and self-conscious, if that makes any sense. The HP12 is one of my favorite whiskies.
    Illuminati in training

Quote Originally Posted by AVB View Post
    If you look a bit closer you'll see that he lists the HP 15 at $55 not the 18. Also, AFAIK, Superstion is a Jura and not a Dalmore.
    No. Read what he posted more carefully.

You're right about the Superstition. I meant the Cigar Malt.

Quote Originally Posted by tango-papa View Post

Connoisseur

Ahhh, yes I see. He mentioned the HP 18 for $55 in general and then got specific with prices from Specs. My bad.
    Illuminati in training