Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 20 of 30 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Re: What bourbon did you purchase today? Summer '07

Thank you for a fantastic trade, Greg. Two of my all time "must find" bottles: Cabin Still and Old Fitz BIB DSP-KY 16!!!!! I will let you know when I break the seals... Great trade, we will do it again someday.
    "I happened to stumble across a case of bourbon--and went right on stumbling for several days thereafter." -W.C. Feilds

Oh, and I also recvd my second bottle of Turkey Tribute today!!! (One for the bunker) Thanks to the generosity of another SBer....... Thank you!!!
    "I happened to stumble across a case of bourbon--and went right on stumbling for several days thereafter." -W.C. Feilds

Taster

Latest purchase was a backup bottle of the last GTS made (tends to sit on the shelves around here a bit, outrageous no?), Powers Gold Label, and another Lot B. The Lot B is the perfect introductory bourbon and I keep it around for such purposes. I've personally moved onto the harder stuff though

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Mamba View Post
    Latest purchase was a backup bottle of the last GTS made (tends to sit on the shelves around here a bit, outrageous no?), Powers Gold Label, and another Lot B. The Lot B is the perfect introductory bourbon and I keep it around for such purposes. I've personally moved onto the harder stuff though

I know where there's one more bottle of GTS '06 on the shelf of a local ABC. Unfortuntately the price went up to $60 vs. the $49 I paid not more than 6 weeks ago.
    “Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.” - P.J. O’Rourke
    Greg's "bourbondork" blog

Enthusiast

From what I've seen here, the BTAC '06 is all running $70 except for ER17 which can be found for $50-55. I think I may have got the last of the GTA 06 for $50 and I knew the other prices so i bought both bottles.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Phischy View Post
    From what I've seen here, the BTAC '06 is all running $70 except for ER17 which can be found for $50-55. I think I may have got the last of the GTA 06 for $50 and I knew the other prices so i bought both bottles.
    The reason I paid $49 a bottle is because I argued with the store manager. ABC had raised the price to $60.40 a bottle. This particular store had 6 bottles on the shelf and I bought all 6. When the manager rang up the bottles, it came up as $60.40 each. I pointed out that the shelf label listed the price as $49. He said he hadn't bothered to change the shelf label yet. I told him that was all well and good but the visible advertised price was what I was expecting to pay and that I consider that price to be the advertised price. He relented and gave them to me for $49.
    “Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.” - P.J. O’Rourke
    Greg's "bourbondork" blog

Virtuoso

Quote Originally Posted by Phischy View Post
    From what I've seen here, the BTAC '06 is all running $70 except for ER17 which can be found for $50-55.
    I just (within the hour) spotted an ER17 for $45.99, and a Weller 19yo (1980/2000) for $49.99.

Taster

Howdy,

Bought my first bottle (750ml) of Jim Beam white label last night. I'll have 1.5 oz. tonight. Looking forward to it, as the only other Bourbon I've had is Jim Beam black label.

Eggman

Advanced Taster

I just picked up a few more ORVW15's from a stash I recently found in LA. Hit a few more stores and came across two Old Fitzgerald BIB's from DSP16. Tasty treats!!!

Virtuoso

Quote Originally Posted by heatmiser View Post
    I just picked up a few more ORVW15's from a stash I recently found in LA. Hit a few more stores and came across two Old Fitzgerald BIB's from DSP16. Tasty treats!!!
    Nice score!
    What are the prices like out there?
    The ORVW15's that I've found here were from $38-41 (before the 10% discount the merchants gave me, bless their hearts) , and just the other day I picked up some OFBIB DSP16's for $12.39 each (thanks to a tip from Yellowjacket!).
    Last edited by gblick; 08-16-2007 at 15:00.