Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Prices on PVW20

Connoisseur

Prices on PVW20

Hello all,

I am purchasing a bottle of PVW20 as well as bottles of Bookers and Lot B. The PVW20 will cost me $82.50; the Bookers $57 (I think) and Lot B for $40.

Currently, I live in CT. Does anyone know if these are good prices, in general, not necessarily based on my location?

To me, the Bookers sounded a bit high (I was thinking low $50's) but the PVW 20 and Lot B I thought were very good prices.

What do you all think.

Thanks for the help.

Regards,

Mark Brown
    Novice Bourbon Enthusiast'

Edit: By the way, I have a bottle of VW Rye 13 year coming my way today. I believe I paid $78, with shipping $85.85. Is this price too high?

Re: Prices on PVW20

Good price on the Pappy 20, I paid $89.99 for mine, and I'm sure I have seen people pay more than that.
    Booker's does seem high, from prices I have seen online in the states, $45-$47 seems about the norm. Lot B is about right, and is normally about the same price as the Rye, so what you paid for it does seem excessive, although I tried it for the first time on Saturday night, and it is fantastic!!
    I don't know what your state laws are in regards to shipping alcohol, but a good online retailer is Binnys.com
    They have bookers for $42.99 Their Pappy 20 is $89.99 and their Lot B is $39.99, they don't have the rye listed on their site, though I'm sure if you contacted them they may have some, as I purchased some from them last week. They also have a very large range of bourbons that you may want to try. I would recommend Blanton's and Wild Turkey Kentucky spirit, both are around the Booker's price. Welcome to SB.com, and hope this info helps!

Scott
    "I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day" - Frank Sinatra

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by HighTower View Post
    Good price on the Pappy 20, I paid $89.99 for mine, and I'm sure I have seen people pay more than that.
    Booker's does seem high, from prices I have seen online in the states, $45-$47 seems about the norm. Lot B is about right, and is normally about the same price as the Rye, so what you paid for it does seem excessive, although I tried it for the first time on Saturday night, and it is fantastic!!
    I don't know what your state laws are in regards to shipping alcohol, but a good online retailer is Binnys.com
    They have bookers for $42.99 Their Pappy 20 is $89.99 and their Lot B is $39.99, they don't have the rye listed on their site, though I'm sure if you contacted them they may have some, as I purchased some from them last week. They also have a very large range of bourbons that you may want to try. I would recommend Blanton's and Wild Turkey Kentucky spirit, both are around the Booker's price. Welcome to SB.com, and hope this info helps!

Scott

Hello Scott,

Thanks for all the information straight from Australia! Wow, what time is it there right now?

The PVW20, Bookers and LotB will be purchase here locally today. The Bookers may have to wait unless I can find another store that has it - just too expensive based on the pricing you quoted (thanks again). The Rye I got online and is being shipped today. Now, were you talking about the PVW Rye 12 year or 13 year? The one I purchased online was the 13 year. I got it at Internet Wines and Spirits but later found some good prices at Sams for other Bourbons/Ryes but couldn't find the 13 year anyplace but the aforementioned online store.

When I think of Australia I think of great wine and Wagyu beef. Of course, since I have two children, I think of the Wiggles as well.

Regards,

Mark

Enthusiast

In Pennsylvania, Booker's is on sale for $40.99, Van Winkle 12 yr is $32,99 and Pappy Van Winkle 20 yr is $72.99. Add 6% sales tax to those prices.
    Doug

Disciple

I have seen PVW range from 65.00 on sale to 120.00 in Florida. Bookers has been from 36.00 in New Hampshire to 60.00 at its high point. I bought my Lot B for 32.99+tx in PA, but have seen them up to 45.00. At the BT distillery, they had a large supply of PVW20 for 99.00 a bottle!

Thomas

Connoisseur

Just got back from the liquor store and the actual prices were as follows:

PVW20 = $81.99
    Lot B = $39.99
    Bookers = $57.99

Needless to say, I didn't pick up the Bookers.

Question: The bookers that I saw was in open-view wooden box. Are the low prices that I've seen you guys post including this rather silly box? If not, I have yet to see a Bookers bottle without this wooden holder/box, where can I find it?

Thanks,

Mark

Novice

I was able to buy the Pappy 20 for $65, and the Lot B for $35 (it was shipped in from New Jersey). Both bourbons are outstanding. I bought as much as I could afford.

Guru

The Lot B is about right...here in VA I pay $36. The PVW20 though run $120 (way too high). If you wish to order online (and they can ship to CT), try www.shoppersvineyard.com , they have the PVW on sale for $68. With shipping, you're probably getting close to the $82.50 you paid, but if you were to add a couple other bottles to the order, then you spread out the shipping costs which lowers your overall cost per bottle. I ordered 7 bottles from them a couple of months ago and only paid $22 in shipping....adding an additional $3 per bottle....it was still cheaper than purchasing locally.
    Last edited by ggilbertva; 06-06-2007 at 09:54. Reason: spelling
    “Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.” - P.J. O’Rourke
    Greg's "bourbondork" blog

Connoisseur

Thanks for all the help, everyone.

I"m going to check that website out now, ggilbertva. Thanks.

Regards,

Mark

Enthusiast

In South Florida, PVW 20 can be found for $80, Lot B for $50.

-Kevin