Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Prices on PVW20

Connoisseur

Re: Prices on PVW20

Quote Originally Posted by ggilbertva View Post
    The Weller Antique, in my opinion, is one of those lower priced bourbons that could easily be priced higher. I think it's a great bourbon and an absolute bargain at $20. There are others here on SB that like the Weller Antique also.

Was the ORVW10 the 90 or 107 proof variant? $29 may be a little high. I think I paid somewhere around $25 for my 107 proofer.

If you have to choose between the two of them, go with the Antique first....you won't be sorry.

So, how much $$ are you in the hole now that you're getting all this advise on bourbon....it will break you...just wait.
    I realized when I got back to work and back to this site that there were two, the 90 and 107. So, I'm not too sure which one I saw. However, I think I'll stay away from that for a bit and go with the Weller Antique.

With the hole that I'm in, you might as well start shoveling the dirt over me.
    Last edited by NickAtMartinis; 06-08-2007 at 13:16.

Guru

That deep huh? I'm at the point that I can't "hide" any new bottles. I've completely filled up a whole cabinet full of bottles and how I'm filling up boxes in the storage room. I fear my lovely bride's patience is wearing thin....and yet, I continue to skate the thin ice. I'm headed to DC tomorrow morning for more dusty hunting. There's so many older bottles in DC (just check out both my and Scratchline's collectable pics), that it's hard not to go on the hunt. I hope to find more Old Fitz BIB's....a top shelf bourbon in my opinion.
    “Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.” - P.J. O’Rourke
    Greg's "bourbondork" blog

Enthusiast

I fell threw the ice last November when I bought 3 bottles of each BTAC and the wife saw the amount of the one charge. It's been Mission Impossible since. Have I stopped?? NEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

this message will self-destruct in 5 seconds..................................
    Joe

Advanced Taster

I am glad I'm not the only one. I fear adding up how much I have spent on my dusty bottle hunting over the past few months. The wife was relatively patient with my newest hobby but has recently become quite upset at the fact we can no longer park 1 car in our 3 car garage. YIKES!!!

Guru

When my wife crossed her arms and said "really honey, this is getting silly, you have more bourbon than you can ever drink in a lifetime...." Grinning and saying "I love you" didn't work. Oh well, I'm sick, I know it, I can't stop it. It's an addictive habit that is just tooooo damn fun to stop.

I have an anniversary coming up and I just bought her some realllllly nice jewelry....hopefully that will balance it out....just a little. Of course, my anniversary present is a bottle of PVW23.
    “Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.” - P.J. O’Rourke
    Greg's "bourbondork" blog