Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    Enthusiast

Re: BOTM, 6/07: Jim Beam Black

I had my first taste of JBB the other night. My first impression is it was rather bland in the finish much like Maker's Mark. Welcome aboard Eggman. You might want to try a differnt bottle/brand of whiskey. Something ETL would be my choice as it is a very sweet bourbon. Also tiny sips.
    "Too much of anything is bad, but too much of good whiskey is barely enough". Mark Twain

Thumbs up Re: BOTM, 6/07: Jim Beam Black

Hands down! Jim Beam Black is the best pour for it's price!

Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by stevecole78 View Post
    Hands down! Jim Beam Black is the best pour for it's price!
    Man, you really need to broaden your horizons.

Jeff Mo.

Advanced Taster

Quote Originally Posted by mozilla View Post
    Care to give him some examples of one you like better at the same or lower price?

I will - Ancient Ancient Age 10 year. Or even Old Taylor, almost as good and way cheaper.

Since that was SteveCole78's first post, we just have to hope he sticks around to see how we're pushing him to the same addiction everyone else here has developed!
    Last edited by miller542; 09-26-2007 at 21:53.

Disciple

Well, for someone to go "hands down" on thier first post...might be a clue to my madness.

And the answere to your question is called, a "Profile".

Jeff Mo.

Advanced Taster

Well, for someone to go "hands down" on thier first post...might be a clue to my madness.

Which is also the primary reason for us to continue to educate

Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by miller542 View Post
    Since that was SteveCole78's first post, we just have to hope he sticks around to see how we're pushing him to the same addiction everyone else here has developed!...Which is also the primary reason for us to continue to educate
    Miller,
    Maybe the reason you come to this website is different from mine. I am not here to push and teach people to do things my way. I have spent alot of time researching others profiles and comments to figure out what I might be interested in. Then I went out and tasted many of these bottles. For a newbie to lose out on that experience seems like a big waste of time.
    I see many posts that request opinions on bottles....I say try the search button, read a profile or two, maybe get together with some friends to do a tasteing. Just don't expect me to be your daddy and hold your hand the whole way. This is a fun process that everyone should embrace....hunting for dusties, developing a pallet and broadoning your horizons.
    Don't get me wrong, I am happy that new people come here for information. Just navigate the site, try something new and then develope an opinion. Not the other way around.

Jeff Mo.

I didn't say it was my favorite bourbon. But for the price it's pretty darn good. Personally, I stock-pile Basil Hayden's Small Batch Bourbon.

Quote Originally Posted by miller542 View Post
    Care to give him some examples of one you like better at the same or lower price?

I will - Ancient Ancient Age 10 year. Or even Old Taylor, almost as good and way cheaper.

Since that was SteveCole78's first post, we just have to hope he sticks around to see how we're pushing him to the same addiction everyone else here has developed!
    Hey guys! I am still here. I thought we were discussing best bourbon for the best price. Personally I think Jim Beam Black is FANTASTIC for the price. it's not what I buy as I don't cut costs when it comes to bourbon...but I was reading what everyone else had to say and felt confident in what I wrote. Currently I'm lovin' Basil Hayden's Small Batch. It's smooth, has an awesome flavor and a perfect finish. Yes, I agree I am new to the site but I know what I love.

unfortunately it's not available at all of the bars i frequent. So I'm quick to call out Maker's Mark. it's readily available, reasonably priced, and still a great bourbon!

Miller,
    Maybe the reason you come to this website is different from mine. I am not here to push and teach people to do things my way. I have spent alot of time researching others profiles and comments to figure out what I might be interested in. Then I went out and tasted many of these bottles. For a newbie to lose out on that experience seems like a big waste of time.
    I see many posts that request opinions on bottles....I say try the search button, read a profile or two, maybe get together with some friends to do a tasteing. Just don't expect me to be your daddy and hold your hand the whole way. This is a fun process that everyone should embrace....hunting for dusties, developing a pallet and broadoning your horizons.
    Don't get me wrong, I am happy that new people come here for information. Just navigate the site, try something new and then develope an opinion. Not the other way around.
    I am not going anywhere. And i stand by what I said.

I enjoy hearing other's opinions and that's the beauty in a site like this...it's all personal opinions. I'll be toasting my small batch to you tonight mozilla, or perhaps I'll go get a bottle of Jim Beam Black to toast you to.