Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Apprentice

Talking What's is your daily Pour?

Curious to know what you drink the most of? I own some fancy bottles and brands, that I celebrate with once in a while. But my daily pour is George #8.

For bourbon, it used to be until recently Evan Williams 7 year. But now I can't get it or they quit making it. So its Evan Williams Black label. I liked Old Charter but I drink too much one night...that was an elegant bourbon for a cheapy, probably too elegant which is why I couldn't quit drinking it!!

Advanced Taster

Re: What's is your daily Pour?

I don't really have a daily pour. I alternate between Wellers 12 year, ORVW10, and Weller Centennial.
    Mmm, dat's good!
    Pappy's Friend

Connoisseur

My recent daily pours are Lot B and EC 12. A few weeks ago it was Weller 12 and WT101 until they joined the empty group. I seem to find WT 101 as one of my more frequently replaced bottles.

I tend to have 8 or so bottles open and they are all fair game with the exception of my "special" group.

I enjoy my way through the open bottles until one is empty. I then try and open a new bottle I have not tried yet, and I also go out and and get a new bottle to replace the empty...some times the same bottle I finished if I really liked it, or something new if I can find that.

My special bottles are either to $$, or too hard to come by to replace with any frequency so I save them for special times.
    Todd

Advanced Taster

My daily pour is what I decide at the time I walk up to my bar. I have many bottles open and like to be able to have a variety of choices. I have 4 or 5 favorites that I may drink a little more often than others such as Weller 12yr or Rittenhouse Rye BIB. Also I keep going back to the Sazerac Rye Jr.

bj

Advanced Taster

At this point it is WT 101, EC 12, and OGD Bonded.

Connoisseur

My daily pour keeps on changing, originally it was WT101 but then I switched to FC103 for a long time. I'd say my daily pour is now Weller Antique 107 because that it what I have been buying ever since I got a little tired of the FC103; right now I have a bottle of OGB Bonded in it's place but I think that the next bottle I will buy for everyday drinking will be another Weller Antique 107. Who knows that it will change to next but I think it is very likely that my next will probably be another wheater rather than a rye recipe bourbon, there are very few rye recipe bourbons that I like better than wheaters.
    /\../\

"I've had eighteen straight whiskies, I think that's the record . . ." - Dylan Thomas

Connoisseur

I definitely don't have a daily pour. I like something different everyday. I usually have around 5 bourbons and 5 scotches open at any time so unless the mood really strikes me I never have the same thing more than once a week (I will admit that on occasion I will get on a WLW or ORVW15 kick and drink these 3-4 days in a row).

Currently my open bourbons are WLW, ORVW15, GTS, WTRB
    Ryes are Sazerac BTAC, Sazerac (Sam's 10 YO bottling)
    Scotches are Jura Superstituion, Compass Box Hedonism and Spice Tree, Springbank Marsala Finish, Lagavulin, and Glenfarclas
    Also have an open bottle of the Colorado Whiskey

So as you can see my daily pour bounces all around the place.

Taster

Old Forrester 100 , Wild Turkey101 & Rare Breed

Taster

I don't have a huge collection since I have somewhat recently started exploring the world of Bourbon. I just rotate through them depending on my mood. So far I have...

WT101
    WTRB
    Lot B
    OGD 114
    BT
    OW 107
    Makers Mark
    Rittenhouse BIB

I would say that WT101 and OW 107 make great inexpensive daily pours.
    Bob O.

Guru

I usually have 12+ different brands open at any time, but if I had to pick a "daily pour", it would be BT.
    John B

"Drinking when we are not thirsty and making love at all seasons… that is all there is to distinguish us from other animals."