Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Guru

Wild Turkey Tribute

After a long search that began over a year ago, I ran across a bottle today at a liquor store that I frequented in the past. I was in the neighborhood and low and behold there it was. The last of it's kind at this location. I had never even gazed upon it so needless to say I jumped at the chance.

Not that it matters, but what was the cost of WT Tribute when it was released and what is the going price now?
    Emancipate yourself from mental slavery. None but ourselves can free our minds.

Bob Marley.

Retail ranged from approximately $70 up to $90 at issue (there may have been some sale prices here and there lower), and most recently has topped $100 quite regularly -- both on eBay and retail shelves.
    Tim

Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by TNbourbon
    Retail ranged from approximately $70 up to $90 at issue (there may have been some sale prices here and there lower), and most recently has topped $100 quite regularly -- both on eBay and retail shelves.

Thank You for the information Tim, I appreciate it. I spent just north of $90 retail.
    Emancipate yourself from mental slavery. None but ourselves can free our minds.

Bob Marley.

Connoisseur

Smile

I have been eyeing a local bottle for a while now that is north of $95. It has been in the store for a long time and is probably not going anywhere soon.....I hope. Everytime I am close to having the funds to free the Tribute from the its bonds, something else gets in the way. Two weeks ago it was Hirsch 16yo, today it is WT 12yo....bottle VI for the bunker. Oh well, hopefully time is on my side with the WTT.

Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by ProofPositive
    WT 12yo....bottle VI for the bunker. Oh well, hopefully time is on my side with the WTT.
    Hey Wayne,
    As I said before, please keep me in mind for a bottle of this stuff. I've never tasted it.
    Thanks,
    Joe
    Colonel Joseph B. "Bourbon Joe" Koch

"Bourbon.....It's cheaper than therapy!!"

Quote Originally Posted by BourbonJoe
    Hey Wayne,
    As I said before, please keep me in mind for a bottle of this stuff. I've never tasted it.
    Thanks,
    Joe
    Sure you have, Joe -- have you forgotten this (actually, I kinda hope you have -- then I can claim the goodies you left in my closet):
    http://www.straightbourbon.com/forum...ead.php?t=4461
    Tim

Guru
    Tim,
    You're right!!!! How can I forget that taste of the "gold foil" in Nashville. The first thing to go is the brain.
    Joe
    Colonel Joseph B. "Bourbon Joe" Koch

"Bourbon.....It's cheaper than therapy!!"

Connoisseur
    I just ordered a bottle. I have been looking for a long time and I finally found a bottle, I won't say how much I paid but it was a lot but not totally out of range of current market price. I just did a search on this bourbon and I wondered if anyone had any particular, specific thoughts on this whiskey. Thanks and cheers. I'm dying of anticipation, can't wait to taste this stuff.

Tim

Connoisseur
    Quote Originally Posted by TimmyBoston
    I just did a search on this bourbon and I wondered if anyone had any particular, specific thoughts on this whiskey.
    Hi Tim, Congratulations! WTT is my all time favorite Bourbon. To me, it brings everything I like in a Bourbon. Plenty of aging notes (oak and such) and plenty of the WT flavor profile as well as the "Kick" WT products always have. It's just delicious. I will "warn" you it might have a warming up period where you get used to each other ;-). I enjoyed the first pour I tried but the second day was so much better.

Enjoy and post your impressions.

Ken
    "Wealth can be wonderful, but you know, success can test one's mettle as surely as the strongest adversary. "

Taster
    have just acquired a bottle of the Wild Turkey Tribute that is sold only in Japan. The bottle is the WT Spirit bottle and not the Tribute bottle sold here in the U.S.

I noticed that the proof is 110....still 15 years old as is the U.S. version.

Nope! I havent opened it yet....has anyone tasted this version? What can I expect, and how does it differ in taste from the U.S. Tribute.....??

Thanks! I'm looking forward to this one....