Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Bourbonian of the Year 2011

Re: My Salute to you, StraightBourbon.com

And I add my congrats to Timothy, Joe and any others whose recent milestone I missed. Of course quantity is not always quality and those who contribute less are also appreciated. Many here contribute, too, in ways not always apparent on the board. The point is, there is still lots to learn about whiskey and in many ways I think I've only scratched the surface. Each has his or her own way of approaching the subject. One aspect of my investigations is by exploring other drinks because this sheds light, often, on our specific interest here, and also it is a part of the story of which bourbon is a part. I am, as is well known I think, a "lumper" not a "splitter" but we need both perspectives. Without the loyalty shown to bourbon, especially in its home areas of production, probably the drink would not have survived and in recent years, flourished.

Gary
    Last edited by Gillman; 06-20-2007 at 06:24.

Bourbonian Of The Year 2013 and Guru

Yep fellas, I'll tip an ETL to you guys, and the others (you know who you are) who are the heart and soul of this fine community. Thanks for the opportunity to hang with ya'll.

JOE

Mr. Anal Retentive Bourbon Drinker

OK, this thread looks like a good place to post my #500! I think that is the post level to go to next level, Connoisseur. (of course maybe Jim will give me a more appropriate title like Mr. Anal Retentive Bourbon Drinker)

I've been an official member here since 07-05-2003. According to the current members list, this puts me as the 329 member. 500 posts places me at 40th on total # of posts. I don't think I'll ever catch up to Chuck (cowdery), but I also don't think y'all would want me to. I enjoy Chuck's posts.

Since I signed up, another 2061 have joined our ranks. You know, I lurked here reading posts off and on for 3 years before joining. As I type, looking at who's online, there are 7 members and 77 guests. If you are one of those lurking guests and want to expand your knowledge of bourbon, do sign up!

The Butler boys run a great site!

Disciple

Great going Tim! As I checked in you are at 2,999 posts. Only one more to go.

And congrats to all the other people passing their respective milestones. I am not sure how close I am, but I am creeping up on disciple. Hm. got a ways to do, 1,129 posts to date.

Ed
    Last edited by Edward_call_me_Ed; 06-20-2007 at 21:13. Reason: addition
    Bourbon makes me happy.

Go Fighters!

Connoisseur

Tim, et al, Congratulations! This is also a good place to say thank you to everyone for all the information and knowledge that I have gained about bourbon from this site, both on line and at the gazebo. I hope to see many of you again in September and I'm sure you will add to my knowledge of and appreciation of bourbon.

Stu

Connoisseur

Damn that looks good.
    Illuminati in training

Bourbonian of the Year 2004 and Guru

Seems as though this thread has gone "beyond it's original subject at hand"...and that leaves me shaking my head. As most of you know me by now I'm not one to "hold my tongue" or in this case fingers

First let me specifically say that there's nothing wrong with celebrating a "post count" nothing wrong what-so-ever. I don't keep up with it and I'd have to check to see what mine is but to each his own. Some folks like to think that just because they have a jillion posts that they "are the reason SB.com is the #1 Bourbon resource on the internet.

The #1 reason for SB.com being successful is because of Jim Butler. He works endlessly for Straightbourbon.com, without pay...He keeps out the riff-raff and makes our community what it is today. No matter how many posts counts there are on theses forums none would be possible if it were not for Jim Butler and Dave Butler...Dave will tell you as he's told me a time or two Straightbourbon.com is successful because of all the work that Jim has done

I find it hard to watch as "others" have not posted in this thread and yet they are all over the place making posts related to "taking care of themselves" and what they want...but not taking the time to say thanks for such a "great place" to play...

Tim created this thread because he made a milestone post count and yet took the time to say Thank you for making this happen.

If not a post here private message him He's very accessable and very friendly kinda guy

Soooooooooooooooooooo...lets get this thread back on track and everyone thank the man who's made Straightbourbon.com what it is today

Thanks Jim Know that we love ya! You're #1 MAN!
    Colonel Bettye Jo Boone
    Industrial Maintenance
    Technician/Journeyperson
    Heaven Hill Distilleries
    Bardstown, Kentucky

Connoisseur

Congrats and thank you to those like Tim and Chuck who have made this such a terrific place!

Mark

I love him whose soul squanders itself, who wants no thanks...for he always gives away and does not want to preserve himself.
    -Nietzsche

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by boone View Post

I find it hard to watch as "others" have not posted in this thread and yet they are all over the place making posts related to "taking care of themselves" and what they want...but not taking the time to say thanks for such a "great place" to play...
    Guilty party here,
    While I have no clue as to what it took to build and then maintain SB.com, I still have to give my thanks to Jim for all the work he has done.
    Also the moderators.
    I could post a million more posts and still would not be able to contribute more than I have taken from this site in information and entertainment.
    ovh

Being in a different time zone I often come on and look who's online, it's Jim. He's doing something to the site to make it safer/faster/just better in general (is that possible). Up till late and back here early. A very dedicated man, indeed.
    Thanks Jim
    Without this site, I would be missing a lot of bottles, and more importantly I wouldn't know as many great people.

Scott
    "I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day" - Frank Sinatra