Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Guru

Re: What would you like to have happen to your bunker when you are gone?

I would like people to wonder "what the hell was this big empty room used for?"
    John B

"Drinking when we are not thirsty and making love at all seasons… that is all there is to distinguish us from other animals."

Disciple

My turn!

Usually everything I have a single of is open. If I have any warning that my ticket is about to be punched that will be even more likely. Plus, I would have a bunch of new bottles with only a drink or two out of them. You know, stuff that I hadn't wanted to spend the money on before. There would also be the things I had stocked up on because of price or because they were no longer being bottled and so would have unopened duplicates. Those go to whichever of my heirs is most interested in whiskey.

Again, assuming that I have warning, I would dump all the open traight American whiskey into a big stainless steel pot and re bottle it with a label that says, Ed's Old Farm, Straight American Whiskey. I would want to distribute these to as many of the people I love as possible, but I would want a certain number to be held back to be opened at the funeral and memorial services on the anniversary of my death. Here in Japan there is a Buddhist tradition (many Japanese Christians also follow this custom) that families gather at the funeral, 49 days after death, 100 days,and on certain anniversaries of the death. These are, the 1st, the 3rd, the 7th, the 13th, the 17th, the 25th, the 33rd, and the 49th. Thereafter, if it is held at all, it is every 50 years. So I need eleven bottles for those services.

If a piano falls on me someone else will have to do all this. I better tell my wife about this. I hope she doesn't pour any scotch into the blend...

Ed
    Bourbon makes me happy.

Go Fighters!

Bourbonian of the Year 2010 and Guru

I don't know...can you will stuff to a place, probably...Maybe the Gazebo...for future SBers to enjoy
    2010 Bourbonian of the Year

As long as you have good whiskey you're not "unemployed", you're "Funemployed!!!"

I'm no Pappyophile

Guru

My plans are to have no bourbon when I die.
    But if I were to pass away today my wife said she will post on this board that I'm gone and you guys can come over and split up my collection because she knows it will go to people who appreciate it.
    ovh

Guru

Luckily, my son enjoys whiskey almost as much as I do, so he will inherit one hell of a bunker, and keep things going, so to speak.
    Joe
    Colonel Joseph B. "Bourbon Joe" Koch

"Bourbon.....It's cheaper than therapy!!"

Connoisseur

Good Thread!! Really got me thinking. I have one brother in law who appreciates good liquor. The rest of my family couldn't tell Old Rotgut from PVW 23, Laphroaig 40 yr old, or Gautier XO Cigar Cognac. I'm going to put a codicil on my trust leaving him my bunker. BTW I'll be bringing him with me to KBF this year. However I like Ed's idea - if I have advance notification of my death, you'll all be invited to an early wake in Arkansas!

Bourbonian of the Year 2006

Door Prizes at my wake!!
    Colonel Ed
    Bourbonian of the Year 2006

Comissioned by Paul Patton, 1999

"It ain't the booze that brings me in here, it's the solace it distills"

Guru

And in addition to my brother getting most of my stash, I believe a parting gift to the friends I've made here on SB would be rather appropriate.
    “Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.” - P.J. O’Rourke
    Greg's "bourbondork" blog

Moderator and Bourbonian Of The Year 2014

An interesting question...and one I don't hope to entertain for many years yet
    Being DINK's (Double Income, No Kids), no brothers or sisters (I'm an only child) and in-laws who don't really drink bourbon (I'm working on it though), there's only one thing I can think of...
    I think my will should say it is to be boxed and sent to KY in time for the September Bourbon Festival, that way all my fellow SB.com members can have a drink or 10 on me at the Gazebo..

Quote Originally Posted by camduncan View Post
    I think my will should say it is to be boxed and sent to KY in time for the September Bourbon Festival, that way all my fellow SB.com members can have a drink or 10 on me at the Gazebo..
    Do you know how much it would cost to post over there??
    Postage to me would be much cheaper Cam, hell I could even pick it up!!

Scott
    "I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day" - Frank Sinatra