Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dickel 10 yr.

**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Dickel 10 yr.

Chuck,
    The long discussion we had was that I was looking for a collection of the Trade Magazine "Mida's Criteria". The UD Archive had a 1910 Mida's Financial Directory and I have since found several other publications from that trade Magazine, but I have yet to find a collection of the monthly? bi-monthly? magazines. It was published in Chicago so I would hope that one of the libraries in that city saved them but I don't know that for sure. If anyone out there knows of a collection let me know. I would like to see them.
    Mike Veach

Bourbonian of the Year 2002 and Guru

Thanks for the clarification. I didn't know there were two different Mida's. (See what I mean, folks. Mike is the King.) I am hoping the Newberry Library here might have something and mean to get down there one of these days. (A search from their web site was inconclusive. Most of the older acquisitions are still only on card catalog.) What should I be looking for?

--Chuck Cowdery

**DONOTDELETE**

Chuck,
    The Mida's people published a Trade Magazine so it should be in the periodical section of the library. They also published as a service to their readers these Financial Reports that listed every distillery, rectifier and wholesale business by state in alphabetical order. They also had a rating system of capital value of a business so that the reader would know before hand what kind of company he would be dealing with. As I recall a company like Bernheim Bros. had a AAAA rating that meant it had a capital value over $1,000,000. Other companies had their rating listed in a similar way and they rated companies down to $1,000 value. Same publisher as the magazine but different type of publication.
    Mike