Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112
    Bourbonian of the Year 2011

Re: Four Roses Salutes Rutledge with "Barrel Strength" Limited-Edition Bourbon

Good research, but would that not have made 11 barrels?

Gary

I was lucky enough today to get bottle(s) from 15-1B, 17-1C and 17-1G.

I also tasted at Bourbon's Bistro tonight the 15-1C which was way different than the bottle I have at home (thanks Dawn) from which barrel I cannot recall. What that made me realize is that these may not be quite as close in profile as all suspected, either that or my taster was off a note.

Bottom line, I was out of my shoes happy to be in Kentucky and getting some of this stuff I'd never see in person!
    C

"everybody defamates from miles away
    but face to face
    they haven't got a thing to say"

Bourbonian of the Year 2011

Had the chance to try 171D now, it's 51.1% ABV. It is quite similar to the first one I mentioned of slightly lower proof. Good, rich whiskey with notable spicy notes. I find consumed neat the wood is too forward (for me), but adding ice and maybe a little water brings it into its own.

Gary

Bourbonian of the Year 2002 and Guru

Has Four Roses been spotted in Tennessee yet? I was reviewing my notes from Rutledge's "Let's Talk Bourbon" in September and he seemed to be saying that, at least initially, it would be in the Nashville and Chattanooga metros only. That may be wrong, as my note-taking frequently sucks, but I think that is what he said.

Advanced Taster

Quote Originally Posted by cowdery View Post
    Has Four Roses been spotted in Tennessee yet? I was reviewing my notes from Rutledge's "Let's Talk Bourbon" in September and he seemed to be saying that, at least initially, it would be in the Nashville and Chattanooga metros only. That may be wrong, as my note-taking frequently sucks, but I think that is what he said.
    I went into my nearest store last Wednesday in New Johnsonville, TN and found a sign that said "Four Roses is Back".

I picked up a bottle of Single Barrel and opened it on Thanksgiving. As I am new to this I can only say that I liked it. It is the first time I have ever seen Four Roses sold here. I paid $34.96 for the 750ml bottle.

I will probably go back and get a bottle of "Barrel Strength".
    Last edited by Tracy Hightower; 11-24-2007 at 03:50. Reason: to add text
    When re-arranged, the letters in "whiskey" spell "key wish," those in "spirits" spell "sip it sir," and those in "moonshine" spell "in no homes."

Has Four Roses been spotted in Tennessee yet?..
    The basic Four Roses lineup -- yellow label, Small Batch, and Single Barrel -- began appearing in Middle Tennessee about a month ago. Distribution supply almost immediately ran out, but is since available in apparent larger quantities. Price seems to be a couple of dollars higher than Kentucky (plus sales tax, of course), which isn't too bad compared to some other brands.
    I've walked a few people to them in our store during the couple of weeks it's been on the shelves, and we're maybe a third of the way through a mixed case. Will be interesting to see how many re-buy.
    Tim

Advanced Taster

I saw the Single Barrel, Small Batch and yellow label at Jax's in downtown Chattanooga this month.
    Kevin

"Why don't you quit cryin' and get me some bourbon?"

Virtuoso

Anybody seeing any Four Roses in the Knoxville area yet? Going there in two weeks and would love to bring some back.
    Cheers!