Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Bourbonian of the Year 2002 and Guru

Re: Four Roses Salutes Rutledge with "Barrel Strength" Limited-Edition Bourbon

Quote Originally Posted by scratchline View Post
    Chuck, the 40th anniversary bottling is the 20% rye mashbill with the "O" yeast.
    Hummm. I guess more tasting is required.

The thing about these "limited editions" is that they are toes in the water for the companies. They're trying to figure out what the magic numbers are. Sure, 1,700 doesn't sound like much, but that's for two markets whereas Tribute and some of these other things have been national and even international, at least ostensibly. The best thing for us as enthusiasts is that when these small releases create a lot of buzz and sell out instantly, that emboldens the companies to do more of them.

Has anyone heard a suggested retail yet? My guess is it will be north of $50.

I gotta get me some of that! Awesome!
    And then I'll be eagerly anticipating Parker's Heritage Collection!
    Have I mentioned lately how much I love this site???

Scott
    "I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day" - Frank Sinatra

Enthusiast

Hmmmm....I guess I'm SOL out here in Cali. We can't even pick up any Four Roses labels, I have 2 bottles I picked up my last time in Kentucky but that's not exactly convient.

Bourbonian of the Year 2002 and Guru

Suggested retail will be $60 to $75.

A little off topic, but I am trying to get a bottle of the Four Roses Super Premium/Platinum, I know it is a Japan thing, but is it ever available in the US? Maybe from the distillery??
    Cheers

Scott
    "I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day" - Frank Sinatra

Guru

Scott,
    It is not available in the USA, or the Distillery. You may find an occasional bottle on E-Bay. That's where I got mine.
    Joe
    Colonel Joseph B. "Bourbon Joe" Koch

"Bourbon.....It's cheaper than therapy!!"

With the new Four Roses Barrel Proof being available at this years KBF, it brings me to ask......Is there anyone going to the KBF that lives somewhere that you can ship alcohol from, that wouldn't mind picking me up 3 bottles of this bourbon, and then sending it to Australia? I can send payment prior to the festival.
    If anyone can and is willing to help me, please PM me or drop me an email.

Thanks in advance!
    Scott
    Last edited by jbutler; 08-30-2007 at 18:16.

Connoisseur

I wouldn't mind a bottle, either, and would also be willing to pay in advance. I had thought I might make the KBF, but work and grad school aren't shaking out that way, I guess. So, if anyone wants to pick one up and bring/ship it to TX, PM me.

Connoisseur

Is the 4Roses BS bourbon available for retail purchase already?

Virtuoso

http://www.fourroses.us/press/BarrelStrengthProduct.pdf

This shows the bottle but it's a bit small. Can not tell if the age in on it but the 40th anniversary is!
    Looks very somilar to the FRSB Bottle.
    "So long as the presence of death lurks with anyone who goes through the simple act of swallowing, I will make mine whiskey"