Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    Guru

Re: Four Roses Salutes Rutledge with "Barrel Strength" Limited-Edition Bourbon

I too picked up 4 bottles over the last couple of days. All from 17-1D.
    “Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.” - P.J. O’Rourke
    Greg's "bourbondork" blog

Bourbonian of the Year 2002 and Guru

I wasn't really looking for it, but happened to find a bottle on a store shelf in Louisville and grabbed it. It was a 17-1G. Don't bother asking where, because it was their last one.

Quote Originally Posted by cowdery View Post
    I wasn't really looking for it, but happened to find a bottle on a store shelf in Louisville and grabbed it. It was a 17-1G. Don't bother asking where, because it was their last one.
    I am very surprised to hear that there are still some of these on the shelves in Kentucky. Think there will still be any when I get there in April?
    C

"everybody defamates from miles away
    but face to face
    they haven't got a thing to say"

Apprentice

I have 3 bottles from barrel 15-1c, I believe they were the highest proof. Anyway, it will be a few months before our family gets together and I open one. I’m getting anxious though, so has anyone opened a bottle from this barrel? Initial impressions? What little I’ve read, the barrels vary considerably. Between all of us here, has each one been tasted?

Tim

Virtuoso

I saw a half dozen or so on a display stand at the "little" (Fern Valley) Liqour Barn in Louisville last week.

Bad Girl and Bourbonian Of The Year 2012

So far we have bottles from:
    151A 104.4 proof (mine says 52.5%--that's 105 proof?)
    151B 100.4 proof
    151C 104.6 proof

171A 104.0 proof
    171B 99.4 proof
    171C 102.8 proof
    171D 102.2 proof
    171F 101.4 proof
    171G 101.6 proof

That's nine barrels. There's gotta be more??

If you have an extra 171G and want a different bottling....send me a pm

Dawn

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by luv2hunt View Post
    That's nine barrels. There's gotta be more??

Dawn
    There were Ten in all. You still need one.
    Joe
    Colonel Joseph B. "Bourbon Joe" Koch

"Bourbon.....It's cheaper than therapy!!"

Guru

This is very nice stuff.... a fine representation of Rutledge and FR. Makes me excited about what other treasures are lurking in those rickhouses.
    John B

"Drinking when we are not thirsty and making love at all seasons… that is all there is to distinguish us from other animals."

Advanced Taster

I am in Louisville and would like to know where i can get some..I did not see any in Liquor Barn yesterday..Anyone know another store to go to? Thanks

Virtuoso

Which Liquor Barn did you go to? I saw some last week at the Fern Valley one.

I did not see any at Party Mart yesterday, but I was not looking specifically for it. I have not been to the other two Liquor Barns lately, but I am pretty sure it was gone from the Hurstbourne one weeks ago.