Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast
    Virtuoso

Re: Four Roses Salutes Rutledge with "Barrel Strength" Limited-Edition Bourbon

I left 3 on the shelf at a Liquor Barn in Lexington as I thought 9 was enough. I have since talked to Dawn who informed me I might have been wrong !!!

Tony
    "So long as the presence of death lurks with anyone who goes through the simple act of swallowing, I will make mine whiskey"

Advanced Taster

I am very envious.

Advanced Taster

it was the hurstbourne lane barn,Craig..I called Old Town liquors when i got home and they have some..$57.99 per bottle and one per cust..What have you guys been paying for this stuff?

Virtuoso

That's a good price. I paid $60 at the Hurstbourne Liquor Barn.

See if they have any of the single barrel Old Weller left when you go to Old Town. If they have the second barrel in, let me know!

While on Bardstown Road, I recommend stopping by WHY Louisville for your souvenir needs. They've got interesting T-shirts and postcards and posters. WHY stands for "What Have You", a quote from the Big Lebowski.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by craigthom View Post

See if they have any of the single barrel Old Weller left when you go to Old Town. If they have the second barrel in
    Old Weller Single Barrel?
    Is this a different bottle from the Old Weller Antique?
    ovh

Bourbonian of the Year 2010 and Guru

Quote Originally Posted by OscarV View Post
    Old Weller Single Barrel?
    Is this a different bottle from the Old Weller Antique?
    This is Old Weller Antique 107 proof, only it is a single barrel that was hand selected by a group of people, some of whom are members here (myself included, in this case) The first batch of bottles seems to be gone, but a second batch of bottles (from a second barrel we picked) was recently bottled and should be currently in stock.
    2010 Bourbonian of the Year

As long as you have good whiskey you're not "unemployed", you're "Funemployed!!!"

I'm no Pappyophile

Guru

This sounds most interesting.
    When did you do that first bottle?

Does anyone have an extra?

Could I get in on this current bottle?

I have a bottle of Old Weller Antique, picked it up a little over two years ago but I haven't gottten to it yet.
    ovh

Bourbonian of the Year 2002 and Guru

I paid $58.99 at State Liquor in St. Matthews, but I got their last one (I think).

Virtuoso

$54.99 in Lexington for 6 bottles of the 40th The other 3 of my haul were $59.99. I also ran to Old Town last Sunday for the Weller and they told me they were out. Not sure if that's true but that's what I was told...I may not have known the double top secret password!!! I did get a Party Source Antique 107.

Tony
    "So long as the presence of death lurks with anyone who goes through the simple act of swallowing, I will make mine whiskey"

Advanced Taster

All you guys getting it for ~$60 consider yourselves very lucky. I'm on a business trip out in Long Island and picked up two bottles of 151A for $80 each. (gulp!) I still consider myself lucky for finding some, just not very lucky considering the price. (Sorry I was not able to make it into Brooklyn Lenell, I would have rather gotten them from you!)