Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Connoisseur
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Northford, CT
    Posts
    784

    Question on Booker's?

    I checked the BOTM and searched (I love to research) but I couldn't find anything about the style of Bookers. Is it a wheater or ryed bourbon?

    Thanks,

    The other Mark Brown

  2. #2
    Bourbonian of the Year 2010 and Guru
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Kentucky!
    Posts
    4,749

    Re: Question on Booker's?

    To the best of my knowledge Beam makes no wheated bourbon...at least none that they sell under their own labels anyway...so Bookers is a ryed bourbon.
    2010 Bourbonian of the Year

    As long as you have good whiskey you're not "unemployed", you're "Funemployed!!!"

    I'm no Pappyophile

  3. #3
    Connoisseur
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Northford, CT
    Posts
    784

    Re: Question on Booker's?

    Quote Originally Posted by barturtle View Post
    To the best of my knowledge Beam makes no wheated bourbon...at least none that they sell under their own labels anyway...so Bookers is a ryed bourbon.
    Thanks, Timothy. I love Stagg and thought about buying Booker's since it's barrel-proof. Though I am a fan of wheathers, I really enjoyed Stagg (ryed bourbon).

    Do you know if there is more of a strong rye flavor like WT or more of a Stagg-like flavor?

  4. #4
    Bourbonian of the Year 2002 and Guru
    Join Date
    Sep 1999
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    12,569

    Re: Question on Booker's?

    Quote Originally Posted by NickAtMartinis View Post
    Do you know if there is more of a strong rye flavor like WT or more of a Stagg-like flavor?
    There's quite a bit of a Jim Beam-like flavor, which means it contains rye but not much of a rye flavor note.

  5. #5
    Connoisseur
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Northford, CT
    Posts
    784

    Re: Question on Booker's?

    Quote Originally Posted by cowdery View Post
    There's quite a bit of a Jim Beam-like flavor, which means it contains rye but not much of a rye flavor note.
    Thanks Chuck. That clears things up. Believe it or not, I haven't had just regular old Jim Beam. However, I've had Knob Creek which is a JB product and I liked it. I'll have to pick some up.

  6. #6

    Re: Question on Booker's?

    bookers is by far my favorite from Jim Beam. I really like it and it is worth a try. I dont think you will be sorry if you like Stagg. Actually opened a bottle tonight. Costco has a 3 bottle set of Booker, Baker, and Basil for $99.

  7. #7
    Connoisseur
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Northford, CT
    Posts
    784

    Re: Question on Booker's?

    Quote Originally Posted by drli View Post
    bookers is by far my favorite from Jim Beam. I really like it and it is worth a try. I dont think you will be sorry if you like Stagg. Actually opened a bottle tonight. Costco has a 3 bottle set of Booker, Baker, and Basil for $99.
    Thanks for the info. I tried Costco here and they don't have a set, but that was a couple months ago. I'll try calling again.

  8. #8
    Guru
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Wash DC Metro
    Posts
    2,409

    Re: Question on Booker's?

    Quote Originally Posted by drli View Post
    bookers is by far my favorite from Jim Beam. I really like it and it is worth a try. I dont think you will be sorry if you like Stagg. Actually opened a bottle tonight. Costco has a 3 bottle set of Booker, Baker, and Basil for $99.
    2 out of 3 aint bad. I'd rather pay $66 and leave the Basil behind.
    “Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.” - P.J. O’Rourke
    Greg's "bourbondork" blog

  9. #9
    Guru
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Northern Kentucky
    Posts
    3,424

    Re: Question on Booker's?

    Quote Originally Posted by ggilbertva View Post
    2 out of 3 aint bad. I'd rather pay $66 and leave the Basil behind.

    Send the BH to me... I'm one of the few who is willing to admit that I like it!
    John B

    "Drinking when we are not thirsty and making love at all seasons… that is all there is to distinguish us from other animals."

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Booker's question
    By HighTower in forum General Bourbon Discussion
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 05-06-2008, 14:04
  2. What next after Booker's
    By bookersboy in forum New to Straightbourbon
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-31-2006, 16:26

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Back to top