Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Guru

Price of Handcock President's Reserve

Can this price possibly be right $186.96, I think? The pic didn't come out too good. Crappy cell phone camera. What is so different about this bottle as apposed to ones that sell for 60 or 80 dollars?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Disciple

Re: Price of Handcock President's Reserve

Wrong price! I've seen the same package go for 50-60 dollars around Austin. IMO, it is overpriced there as well.

Jeff Mo.

Guru

I got one a couple of years ago for fifty-something dollars and I have to agree, that was over priced. Kinda bland to me.
    ovh

Bourbonian Of The Year 2013 and Guru

Wasn't there some info out about a year ago, that the HPR price was going to be lowered by Buffalo Trace? To something in the high-$20's? I still see it in the upper $40's, however.

On a side note Brad, I hope you grabbed that Old Charter Proprieter's Reserve "slope shoulder" bottle next to it in your picture. That's an awesome pour.

JOE

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by smokinjoe View Post
    ...I hope you grabbed that Old Charter Proprieter's Reserve "slope shoulder" bottle next to it in your picture. That's an awesome pour.

JOE
    No, but based on your recommendation I will definitely go back next weekend and pic it up. If it is really that good, I wouldn't want to miss out.

Disciple

Hancocks Reserve is available at Liquor Barn locations in Louisville and Lexington for the seemingly permanent sale price of 27.99. I get a bottle every time I go to Louisville as it is right down the street from the hotel I stay at!

Thomas

Connoisseur

Depending on the price, I second the Old Charter PR - very good bourbon. Not great, but very good. I drank mine rather quickly, unfortunately, so now I can't run down and taste it for a quick description.

Mark

I love him whose soul squanders itself, who wants no thanks...for he always gives away and does not want to preserve himself.
    -Nietzsche

Disciple

Brad,
    If you like Old Charter....then you will love PR. $29.99 is not a bad price. Found some in Dallas for $24.99 and saw some here for $32.

Jeff Mo.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasH View Post
    Hancocks Reserve is available at Liquor Barn locations in Louisville and Lexington for the seemingly permanent sale price of 27.99. I get a bottle every time I go to Louisville as it is right down the street from the hotel I stay at!

Thomas
    I could have swore I saw a bottle in another store several years ago for about 65 or 70 dollars ( based on everyones responses most likely over priced there to). There must be a large price variation. But dang, 180 some dollars! I wonder what gives. This store (the one where the pic was taken) can be over priced on some of their stock but I was shocked to see the price on the Handcock President's Reserve.

Incidentally, the price of the Old Charter Proprietor's Reserve was about 34 dollars. I thought that was a bit steep but not completely out of line.
    Last edited by ILLfarmboy; 09-16-2007 at 17:00.

Disciple

Did you ever inquire with the salesman as to the real price?

Jeff Mo.