Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.

Thread: older newb

Threaded View

Novice

older newb

Hey all,

I stumbled across this site while looking for information on bourbon. What a find! Looks like lots of good information and nice folks.

I love bourbon. I get tired of wine and beer. And I never have been one for the frilly drinks. I like my bourbon with a few cubes of ice, possibly a splash of water, sometimes neat, but never with soda even if it is considered lower grade.

Anyway, I just wanted to say "hey". I really like all that I have read so far and think I will learn a great deal here and now know what a knowledge deficit I have in regards to bourbon.

I doubt I will ever have the amounts of bourbon on hand that some of you keep. I generally just pick up a pint for a weekend here and there. This weekend it is OF 86, the one before last was Buffalo Trace, before that was Knob Creek, then Makers, and then there was Woodford a month or so back. I'm not sure which I liked more, I pretty much like 'em all . But I think from here on out I will be paying closer attention to certain details and taking notes.

Thanks for all the sharing done here, it's a real education!

Bill
    Last edited by mulbish; 08-16-2007 at 09:38.