Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.

Thread: $2 Pocket Shots

Taster

$2 Pocket Shots

"It's like sports gel for alcoholics: a generous pour of gin, rum, vodka, whiskey, or tequila in a rip-top, palm-sized plastic pouch that's simple to tote and conceal. What could go wrong? ..."

from: http://www.wired.com/culture/lifesty...st_pocketshots

Bourbonian of the Year 2010 and Guru

Re: $2 Pocket Shots

I wonder where their bourbon is sourced from.
    2010 Bourbonian of the Year

As long as you have good whiskey you're not "unemployed", you're "Funemployed!!!"

I'm no Pappyophile

Guru

I'm not sure what sports gel is but it looks like alcohol based gel hand sanitizer. I think I will drink my drinks, thank you very much.

Disciple

One thing that could go wrong is you could accidently bust one open in your coat pocket and have the cops asking questions!

Thomas

Seems kind of like a solution in search of a problem. Still, might be interesting as a novelty.
    "It can giggle all it wants. The galaxy's not getting any of our bourbon!"

Guru

Years ago, when I worked, we would be wined and dined by some of our suppliers. One favorite supplier took us to Eagle football games in Philadelphia. Being recent college grads, they had a great angle to get booze into the game. They would put it in zip-lock bags. Open a big bag of potato chips, get rid of some of the chips, place the bags inside and seal up the chip bag. It worked every time. But that was quite a few years ago.
    Joe
    Colonel Joseph B. "Bourbon Joe" Koch

"Bourbon.....It's cheaper than therapy!!"

IS this actually a gel or just the liquid in the sports gel like pouch? It really doesn't clarify other than to say "like sports gel..."

Either way I love the idea!
    C

"everybody defamates from miles away
    but face to face
    they haven't got a thing to say"

Enthusiast

You know, when I go to a sporting event or somewhere else where I'd feel the *urge* to smuggle in booze....I'm pretty content drinknig beers etc... I'm not going to go to a Charger's football game and drink fine bourbons....I'm going to swill beer and be obnoxious!!! I may drink "the good stuff" at the tail gate, but once inside it's a different atmosphere!

Then again, being a brewer, I'd rather bring 5 gallons of the 'good stuff' to a tail gate than bring a good bourbon since I'm the only one that'd drink a good bourbon!
    The avatar is me as a little tyke.