Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.

Thread: New from HI

Novice

New from HI

Hey everybody. Originally from Illinois, in Hawaii now and soon to be in Virginia, 3 weeks to be exact. Wild Turkey is my all the time bourbon I keep on hand. I like Rare Breed for relaxing after dinner. Used to drink Dickel back home, but its hard to find in Hawaii. Hope to get some good info about new bourbons to try. Later.

Re: New from HI

Welcome to the forums!
    If WT is how you like it, you need to find a friend who is going overseas before you leave. The DFS Galleria store at 330 Royal Hawaiian Ave has a limited edition Wild Turkey Heritage that is bottled for them. I'm sure you need one of those!

Scott
    "I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day" - Frank Sinatra

Disciple

Welcome,
    Hawaii is a wonderous place. Hard to believe you are wanting to leave. Have a safe move back to the lower 48 and we look foreward to more posts.
    Jeff Mo.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by VA121 View Post
    Hey everybody. Originally from Illinois, in Hawaii now and soon to be in Virginia, 3 weeks to be exact. Wild Turkey is my all the time bourbon I keep on hand. I like Rare Breed for relaxing after dinner. Used to drink Dickel back home, but its hard to find in Hawaii. Hope to get some good info about new bourbons to try. Later.
    Where in VA are you moving to? Virginia is a controlled state so all you will find are recent releases and at times, the selection can be hit or miss. Welcome to the board.
    “Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.” - P.J. O’Rourke
    Greg's "bourbondork" blog

Guru

Thumbs up Re: New from HI

Hope to get some good info about new bourbons to try.
    You've come to the right place for that! Welcome aboard!

Tim
    Self-Styled Whisky Connoisseur

Novice

Thanks for the welcomes. Ggilbertva, I'll be in NOVA. Relocating by the end of the month. The wife and I are still looking at houses. We've got it narrowed down to a few towns though. I'm looking forward to returning to the mainland. I've been here since '91. Later.

Guru

Got rock fever huh? My daughter lived in Honolulu for quite a few years. She got rock fever and couldn't wait to get back to the mainland. Now, all she talks about is moving back to Hawaii. Welcome to the forum.
    Joe
    Colonel Joseph B. "Bourbon Joe" Koch

"Bourbon.....It's cheaper than therapy!!"

Connoisseur

Ggilbertva, I'll be in NOVA.
    As Greg said, pre-welcome to the NoVa neighborhood (ggilbertva is my brother)! There are a number of bourbonians out here in the mid-Atlantic region. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.
    • • •
    Mark

I love him whose soul squanders itself, who wants no thanks...for he always gives away and does not want to preserve himself.
    -Nietzsche