Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.

Bourbon security

I found a great way to protect the stash, but after he nearly knocked over a Lot B and a Pappy 15, it was time to go back in his own cabinet.

Scott
    "I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day" - Frank Sinatra

Connoisseur

Re: Bourbon security

Cool, is that an Aussie snake? I hear you guys have very strict policies on pet reptiles. Is that only for export or local as well.
    Tim

I am going where streams of whiskey are flowing...

Yes Tim, it is an Australian snake, a spotted python. He's a variety of a children's python, he is fully grown at around 1.3m and you can see the girth compared to the bottles.

You do need a license to keep reptiles, it's a fairly simple process to get one; you pay the man and you get a license. After I got him I wanted to buy a bigger Olive python...the ones that grow to 6ft and up, but my wife wasn't to keen on that. Probably a good move, a snake that big may have eaten the Pappy

Scott
    "I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day" - Frank Sinatra

Advanced Taster

Wow, my corn snake (Cornwallis) is bigger than a spotted python.
    Ron

ECONOMY, n. Purchasing the barrel of whiskey that you do not need for the price of the cow you cannot afford”
    - Ambrose Bierce

A corn snake sounds like it would be a good bourbon defender!

Scott

Connoisseur

I'm particularly fond of Monitor Lizards (Goannas) myself and used to have a few different ones that were available to the American market. The only problem with them, or any pet for that matter, is that to care for them properly it takes a lot of time. I was in Australia a few years back and was looking forward to seeing some in the wild. I was a bit discouraged as we didn't see any for the majority of the trip, except in zoos of course. During the tail end of the trip I did manage to see a Sand Goanna at the Alice Springs airport of all places! I couldn't believe it we were sitting at the gate waiting for our flight and a lizard is wandering about outside.

Very cool.
    Tim

I am going where streams of whiskey are flowing...

Advanced Taster

Quote Originally Posted by HighTower View Post
    A corn snake sounds like it would be a good bourbon defender!

Scott
    The exact same thought occurred to me. I'd like to say it played a part, but I'm not nearly that clever.
    Ron

ECONOMY, n. Purchasing the barrel of whiskey that you do not need for the price of the cow you cannot afford”
    - Ambrose Bierce