Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.

Thread: Hi y'all

Novice

Hi y'all

I'm just a country boy who has drank Bourbon for years. I grew up in Bluegrass country and it was the drink that everyone drank. I started off drinking Old Taylor when I was a teen(it was cheap), then switched to Makers in college, after that it was 101WT. I don't think I have ever tasted anything Jimmy Russell made that I didn't like. I like to cut mine with a splash of water; in the spring and summer I add a sprig of mint. I'm here to learn more about the drink that I love. I've always said that if Heaven could taste like anything, It would be a good stiff 101 and water. I quit drinking for 10 or 12 years and stated back about a year ago. I don't drink that much, usually about a bottle a week. Some of my favorites are Knob Creek, Rare Breed, Woodford, 4 Roses, and of course my beloved WT. I hope I can add to the dicussion.

Guru

Thumbs up Re: Hi y'all

Welcome to SB.com! I'm with you, a big fan of Jimmy Russell's products.

Tim
    Self-Styled Whisky Connoisseur

Enthusiast

Re: Hi y'all

Yes, welcome. You'll learn a great deal here and get plenty of ideas of new things to try. I've also experimented with many other types of spirits from reading posts and interacting with other members here.

I too am quite a fan of the Wild Turkey range of products. In my opinion they are usually the best values out there.

Chris

Guru

Welcome!

Did Rare Breed appear on the market during your hiatus? In your opinion how does it compare with WT101?

I like RB, but I don't think it has the WT house flavor profile. More fruit and honey; less leather and must.

Yours truly,
    Dave Morefield
    Yours truly,
    Dave Morefield

Dog Lover, Euphonium Player, Campfire Guitarist, Marksman,

Disciple

Glad to have on board. I like the Turkey rye!
    Jeff Mo.

Novice

Quote Originally Posted by bluesbassdad View Post
    Welcome!

Did Rare Breed appear on the market during your hiatus? In your opinion how does it compare with WT101?

I like RB, but I don't think it has the WT house flavor profile. More fruit and honey; less leather and must.

Yours truly,
    Dave Morefield
    Yes, I think RB, was introduced during my "hiatus". I am really just learning the qualitative aspects of whiskeys, so my palate is a bit imature, if you will, but RB does taste a bit "sweeter". I don't have any WT on hand to do a side be side comparison, but too, I tend to notice that RB leaves a more distinct buttery flavor on the front of the tongue.
    Whiskey burps, God love 'em

Virtuoso

Welocme to SB.com, there is a wealth of knowledge here. I just opened a pewter to WT Kentucky Spirit last night with friends (It uncorked well...No breakage ).

Well pull up a glass and enjoy your stay.
    "So long as the presence of death lurks with anyone who goes through the simple act of swallowing, I will make mine whiskey"