Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: advice needed

**DONOTDELETE**

Re:Blanton\'s drinkingadvice needed

Tim try it the other way around start with a glass of Blanton's and really enjoy it then switch off to something more affordable. It stretches your best stock and makes your everyday pour more enjoyable also!

Linn Spencer

Have Shotglass. Will Travel.

Bourbonian of the Year 2003 and Super Moderator

Re:Wathen\'s advice needed

Indeed! I love the stuff ,I had aspired to getting a case of it together, sort of a very liquid 401k if you will. I have to live within my means. Right now there are so many that one should try and squirrell away . Wathens is another one , they are in a similiar situation as Julian , the stuff was distilled years ago by Charles Medley , he has some for the present product but will have to find someone to make more. I guess it's not unreasonable to imagine that it may become something else entirely. I hope not , but I do want to have a little on hand in the event they miss the profile.

Bobby Cox

Advanced Taster

Re: advice needed

Since we are talking about canadian whiskey, what is the deal with hirsch 12 year old canadian whiskey? Is it related to Hirsch 16/20 year old bourbon in some way?

Enthusiast

It is bottled by the same people (Hirsch), who seem to have a knack a finding quality whisk(e)y with a unique pedigree and bringing it to market. The bourbon was produced in Pennsylvania at Michtner's in Pot Stills. I'm not sure where the Canadian was produced, but I doubt it is related.

Novice

Being a small batch bourbon drinker (Knob Creek, Bakers, Bookers - with Bakers and Bookers being my favorite), I received a bottle of Distiller's Masterpiece as a gift. My in-laws are big Crown Royal drinkers and they don't care for my taste in Bourbon - however, when I cracked the Distiller's Masterpiece recently during a celebration they tried it and said it tasted better than Crown Royal. Ironically - at the price involved it probably should - but all that did was give them a big head about their Crown tasting as good as an expensive bottle of Bourbon. Oh well.

I'll stick with the Bookers and Bakers - the Distiller's Masterpiece was too sweet for me.

-Bob

**DONOTDELETE**

Pardon my big fat bourbonic bass playing butt - but is your name 'pnessutt' pronounced Penis Suit?
    Are you a condom sir?????????????????

Linn Spencer

Have Shotglass. Will Travel.

Disciple

OH Shit!

ROTFLMAO!!!!

I'm dying here, your gonna kill me today!!

LOL!

TomC

Disciple

all i know is that at the well over $100 price range it better be damn good stuff, especially with the luxury here in OH of gettin' sublime Blanton's @ $34.50 a pop. i just dont see how it could be worth 4 times that, right?

oh well, too each there own,

Tom (Bourbon Kicks Crown Royal's Ass) C