Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 44 of 45 FirstFirst ... 3442434445 LastLast
    Connoisseur

Re: What bourbon did you purchase today? (Fall '07)

Quote Originally Posted by ACDetroit View Post
    Greg that is a great women indeed!!

For everyone else please don't get me wrong on my wife, she never yells about hunting at all but she would not want me to be to far from the house in our current state!! I thought for sure we be in the hospital by now but Samantha is not ready yet! She is much easier to tend for where she is currently!

Cheers.
    Congrats and Merry Christmas to you again Tony. You are a very lucky man in terms of wife, family........and bourbon!!! Hope everything continues to go well for you and yours into the coming new year.

Cheers,
    Jake

Connoisseur

Merry Xmas, everyone!!!

From my mother-in-law, I got a 3 pack of Jim Beam grilling sauces: steak sauce, lemon/herb marinade and teriyaki marinade. Can't wait for spring to bbq!!
    Last edited by bigtoys; 12-25-2007 at 19:03.
    "A man can take a little bourbon without getting drunk, but if you hold his mouth open and pour in a quart, he's going to get sick on it."
    LBJ

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by bigtoys View Post
    Merry Xmas, everyone!!!

From my mother-in-law, I got a 3 pack of Jim Beam grilling sauces: steak sauce, lemon/herb marinade and teriyaki marinade. Can't wait for spring to bbq!!

No need to wait until spring, in my opinion.

I still fire up the grill in the cold.

Enthusiast

Christmas eve I pickup 6 bottles of assorted Italian wine to bring over for the family Christmas eve dinner. Total overkill as my brother and sister also brought some over and my mom had a bottle left over from Thanksgiving. Damn, I don't know what my brother and sister were thinking, I'm the "bring the wine guy". We ended up having 11 bottles of wine to share with 7 adults. We did have some cousins show up later so I guess it's better to have more than not enough.

On Christmas morning I recieved from my girlfriend some sweet bottles.

W.L. Weller 10 year
    I.W. Harper 15 year
    George Dickel 10 year
    Old Charter 13 year
    Old Fitzgerald 12 year
    Jameson's 12 year

I have honestly never had any of these other than the Jameson's. I usually shop in New Hampshire to save some cash and they don't carry these. Well, they do carry the Weller, I've just never bought it.

I was quite surprised seeing as she does not drink other than wine. She either did her homework or the salesman at the store was pretty knowledgable. Think I'll check the store out and maybe start shopping there. I have no problem with paying a little more if the service is worth it.

Chris

Virtuoso

Hey Chris, Just wondering if all but the Dickle are Louisville bottlings? They could also be Frankfort (Weller, Fitz, OC). Either way sounds like you were on Santa's nice list this year that's a great gift.

Enjoy! several of those bottles are not made any more.

Cheer!

Tony
    "So long as the presence of death lurks with anyone who goes through the simple act of swallowing, I will make mine whiskey"

Bourbonian of the Year 2010 and Guru

Quote Originally Posted by ACDetroit View Post
    Hey Chris, Just wondering if all but the Dickle are Louisville bottlings? They could also be Frankfort (Weller, Fitz, OC). Either way sounds like you were on Santa's nice list this year that's a great gift.

Enjoy! several of those bottles are not made any more.

Cheer!

Tony
    Actually the Fitz would still be Louisville.

That's a hell of a gift, even if most of them are current bottlings...better watch out, I'm thinking many of us want to steal your girlfriend
    2010 Bourbonian of the Year

As long as you have good whiskey you're not "unemployed", you're "Funemployed!!!"

I'm no Pappyophile

Enthusiast

Well, I figured out how she got these. I didn't ask her yet but I just know it deep down. She is originally from southern Ohio about 15 miles north of Kentucky. She only moved up here about 5 years ago. Her brother now resides in Kentucky.

Her mom and dad, as well as her brother, his wife and 3 kids came up here over the summer. We showed them a good time for their vacation and would not let them pay for a thing. Her brother tried to give me a couple of hundred dollars. Put it on top of my dresser. Of course I found this and promptly put it into an envelope and stashed it in their glove compartment. We didn't tell them until they were home. He needed to be made to understand, when you are our guests, we pay. House rules.

He did say that he'd pay me back one way or another. When I least expected it. I guess he figured out a way.

Chris

Enthusiast

Hey BigToys, I'm with Nick on this one I would NOT wait until spring to fire up the Barby. Somehow BBQ Chicken or steak in the winter is a requirement. Besides a little nip of whiskey will keep you warm while you are outside grillin.
    "Too much of anything is bad, but too much of good whiskey is barely enough". Mark Twain

Virtuoso

Chris? When you getting Married? Everyone needs a Brother-in-Law like that! I think I'm ready to trade both mine in now!!!

Tony
    "So long as the presence of death lurks with anyone who goes through the simple act of swallowing, I will make mine whiskey"

Guru

I bought the last two bottles of OGD 114 in Berks County. the PALCB has it on closeout for 17.49, never to be sold again in PA. What a bummer.
    Joe
    Colonel Joseph B. "Bourbon Joe" Koch

"Bourbon.....It's cheaper than therapy!!"