Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
    Novice

New here, but not to Bourbon!

Great site! I'm a New Orleans bartender, who now lives and works in Seattle. I'm definately looking to expand my knowledge of Bourbon. I began learning about bourbon when I helped open Dickie Brennans Bourbon House in New Orleans. Seeing as that it's fall, I'm in the middle of beefing up my bars bourbon and scotch selection, along with a whole page of whiskey cocktails which will rolll out on the 17th.

Guru

Re: New here, but not to Bourbon!

Quote Originally Posted by lsmassive View Post
    I began learning about bourbon when I helped open Dickie Brennans Bourbon House in New Orleans.
    If that's the place on Bourbon Street just (south) of Canal, that's a great bourbon bar. I had a ball in there in April. Knowledgable bartender and great bourbons. Welcome aboard.
    Joe
    Colonel Joseph B. "Bourbon Joe" Koch

"Bourbon.....It's cheaper than therapy!!"

Advanced Taster

Man, I sure wish I could find a place like that around where I live! The other night I was in a local bar and asked, "what bourbons do you have?" The reply... "Crown and Jack." (Jeez) Welcome aboard!
    Kevin

"Why don't you quit cryin' and get me some bourbon?"

Disciple

Welcome aboard Matt. The first thing I would do to my invintory would be to get rid of all the blends and replace them with a large variety of straights. If push comes to shove you can make a blend from vodka and a straight. I'm not sure what is available in the northwest, though I would guess that there are alot of HH and BT products.
    Hope you enjoy your time researching all the info here.

Jeff Mo.

Guru

Welcome Matt.
    It is nice to see a bartender take a keen interest in bourbon and for that mater scotch as well. So many don't. Also Your interest in whiskey cocktails I'm sure will be appreciated by patrons such as myself who love a proper and well made Manhattan or Old Fashioned.