Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Guru

Re: Noob checking in!

Quote Originally Posted by Lionhoo View Post
    That's great! I love Draper's! You may have already been there, but if you haven't check out Bourbon. There are two of them, one in Adams Morgan and one on Wisconsin Ave. Absolutely great place . . . lots of good, yep you guessed it, bourbon!

Cheers!
    Bourbon is a nice place although they charge quite a bit for the more premium bourbons. Tribute was $60 a glass. Also try Old Glory BBQ in Georgetown on M Street. They have a real good bourbon selection and paired with their BBQ...it's quite nice.

Scheiders in DC also has a good selection of Bourbons and Whiskey's. They also have a great selection of Wine. Their prices are so so. I picked up my last Handy from them at $60.
    “Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.” - P.J. O’Rourke
    Greg's "bourbondork" blog

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by ggilbertva View Post
    Also try Old Glory BBQ in Georgetown on M Street.
    I think I saw Old Glory BBQ on the Food Channel once.
    If it is the same place I'd love to go there.
    One of their specialties is Texas Sausage.
    The owner tried several local butchers to make it for him but it was never quite right.
    So he has it shipped in from Texas.

This is an add-on edit a few hours later,....
    I was thinking about this so I looked it up.
    I think I got them mixed up.
    The place with the Texas Sausage is a place called Capital Q
    on 707 H St.
    Last edited by OscarV; 10-07-2007 at 06:16.
    ovh

Novice

Yeah, old glory is really nice. And you're right, Bourbon does have a bit of a hit to the wallet on the premium stuff. Last time I was there I think they were charging $30 per pour of Eagle Rare 17yo.

I was at Schneider's on Friday after work . . . got a bottle of Handy as well.

Cheers,
    Marshall

Quote Originally Posted by Lionhoo View Post
    That's great! I love Draper's! You may have already been there, but if you haven't check out Bourbon. There are two of them, one in Adams Morgan and one on Wisconsin Ave. Absolutely great place . . . lots of good, yep you guessed it, bourbon!

Cheers!
    Interesting. I know I won't make it up Wisconsin Ave but I might get past the other one. Thanks, Jim

Quote Originally Posted by ggilbertva View Post
    Bourbon is a nice place although they charge quite a bit for the more premium bourbons. Tribute was $60 a glass. Also try Old Glory BBQ in Georgetown on M Street. They have a real good bourbon selection and paired with their BBQ...it's quite nice.

Scheiders in DC also has a good selection of Bourbons and Whiskey's. They also have a great selection of Wine. Their prices are so so. I picked up my last Handy from them at $60.
    Schneiders is my local beverage store! I am usually there every Saturday morning.