Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Virtuoso

Re: Release Date for '07 BTAC?

I spoke with the KY sales rep. and he informed me the distributors have not scheduled pick ups yet but his guess was every thing should be on the shelves by November 1st.
    I also spoke with the Wisconsin rep and the Michigan Rep with the same results.
    Although the Michigan Rep. said he would love to join a few of us for a tasting in the Michigan area, and I quote, "I'm well versed in the BT product line and could show you guys what to look for while tasting" not sure what that means but I'm willing to listen and learn.

Good luck everyone on getting your 2007's ASAP! I have a line on 3 of each in Michigan already, so once you pop the tops lets here your vote on your favorites!!!!

AC
    "So long as the presence of death lurks with anyone who goes through the simple act of swallowing, I will make mine whiskey"

Enthusiast

I went into Bevmo last night to ask if they knew and he just pulled up the last two year's worth of arrival dates and said "November or December".

Yeah yeah yeah, great.

Well at least I know I'm on the ball. I also haven't seen RRR or American Spirit here either.
    The avatar is me as a little tyke.

Taster

Going to be in the Dallas area this weekend. Anyone seen these at Goody's or Centennial yet?
    Fwisge For All!

Apprentice

I called one Centennial store in Dallas and the person that I spoke with didn't know what I was talking about. Sigel's does not have any in but will be ordering it. However, only a couple of their stores will get any of it (not sure if they will even get one of each bottle); a good bunch of it will be going to high end rest. and bars. This is according to a guy that I talked to on the phone, I believe at the corp office. I have seen the Handy and the Weller in Ft Worth already a couple of weeks ago but it has come and gone. Luckily I was there when it came in (no, haven't tasted it yet). That place was waiting on the rest and that has been delayed. They also will only get a tiny amount and it is probably spoken for. Goody-Goody "has it in the system" but it is not there yet either. I only talked to one store. And not all of them are in their system (no Weller). He wasn't sure when they would get it but said probably the middle of November.
    Prospects are pretty slim in FTW. It will be a matter of luck if I see any more. I was hoping that chances would be better in Dallas but I am not there enough to drive around looking. And I am certainly not going to go to The Mansion to drink some Stagg (one of the places that will be getting some of Sigel's allotment). Maybe some others have an idea about some of the other places in the metroplex?

Taster

Thanks for the reply. I didn't have any trouble getting a case last year, I guess the secrets out and it's getting gobbled up fast. I made some calls too. Hopefully I can postpone my trip and catch it at the right time. I've got plenty of Stagg left, but nursing my Eagle Rare 17 and William Larue Weller as long as they'll last.
    Fwisge For All!

Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by bpt View Post
    I have seen the Handy and the Weller in Ft Worth already a couple of weeks ago but it has come and gone. Luckily I was there when it came in (no, haven't tasted it yet).
    What kind of prices are they getting this year? (or do I really want to know?).

Thanks.
    Cornman

Apprentice

The magic number seemed to be $59.99. That was the price for the ones that I actually saw. Of the other places that I called only one had a price (also $59.99) and that was only for a couple of them (can't remember which two) and said that they weren't sure for the others but "should be the same or close to that". The other places that I talked to said that they wouldn't know until they got it in. Also, it kind of sounded like Stagg would be the most plentiful but that is only if the places actually get what they are supposed to. I know that this is not always the case. And Goody-Goody told me that, when they do get it, there will be one bottle per customer.

Virtuoso

Let the race begin!!!!!!!

I just received a call from a buddy in Florence KY and the store he ordered his BTAC from has it all in and will be ready for pre-ordered pick ups tomorrow. I asked if they had any left and he thought not but he will give me a call if they do.

Tony
    "So long as the presence of death lurks with anyone who goes through the simple act of swallowing, I will make mine whiskey"

Virtuoso

Nothing at the Hurstbourne Liquor Barn yet. I was told that the distributor said "this week or next". Since this week is about done, I'm leaning toward next week.

Enthusiast

I'm guessing Nov then....I just hope shipments aren't impacted due to the fires.

In fact, I have to make sure 1 store didn't go up in flames!!! They still have '06 BTAC on the shelf (Stagg, ER & Saz).

e
    The avatar is me as a little tyke.