Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Jack Daniels Lem Motlow

well, i actually found THREE bottles of ole Lem Motlow in my closet...

one 750 mil unopened, perfect in every way. one 375 mil unopened, perfect in every way... and one 750 mil that unfortunately "is" opened (evidently at some point i took a swig or two out of it...about 3/4th's full but label and bottle are still perfect for the bottle collectors.)

anyway... all or any are for sale. interested parties PM or email. many thanks.

Beo
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Beowolff View Post
    well, i actually found THREE bottles of ole Lem Motlow in my closet...one 750 mil unopened, perfect in every way. one 375 mil unopened, perfect in every way... and one 750 mil that unfortunately "is" opened...
    Actually, most here would argue that no unopened bottle can be 'perfect' -- so it's the one you have open that's closest. (But, then, we're trying to find the stuff to taste/drink, not sell.)
    Tim

Novice

The people at JD told me years ago that they bottled Lem Motlow right after prohibition ended to get some cash flow while they waited for green and black to age. It was sold only in TN & GA and removed from sale because it was basically unaged Jack and the company needed all the basic stock it could get when the brand took off in the late '80s. BTW I have 2 750 ml that I'm saving for my grandchildren. I had 3, but my wife opened one when she ran out of Jack and I was away on business. Almost divorce time!

Virtuoso

What store in Georgia? I'll be down there next week.

First off, I'd like to thank everyone for their interest in the Lem... I had no idea years ago when i bought these bottles, that they would be so rare or so exciting to so many people.

Anyway, I'd like to add some additional photos for you guys.

Additional pictures are available upon request. Again, many thanks for the interest in these.

Beowolff
    Beech Bluff, Tennessee

Novice

Hi all,
    well, what can I say.I am now (temporartily at least) the proud owner of a Lem Motlow bottle. Thanks everybody for the encouragement and the help in locating this bottling. Thanks to Beowolff in particular, it's his bottle I now have and can admire in my shop (until my friend picks it up :-( that is).
    I included a picture to show you where it currently lives.
    Best,
    Hans

Bourbonian of the Year 2004 and Guru

How much did you pay for it?

Quote Originally Posted by hjlhjl View Post
    Hi all,
    well, what can I say.I am now (temporartily at least) the proud owner of a Lem Motlow bottle. Thanks everybody for the encouragement and the help in locating this bottling. Thanks to Beowolff in particular, it's his bottle I now have and can admire in my shop (until my friend picks it up :-( that is).
    I included a picture to show you where it currently lives.
    Best,
    Hans
    Colonel Bettye Jo Boone
    Industrial Maintenance
    Technician/Journeyperson
    Heaven Hill Distilleries
    Bardstown, Kentucky

Novice

Bettye Jo,
    good question but I don't want to disclose the price if you don't mind. The collector in question wanted this bottle really badly and he was prepared to pay a decent price which he did.
    He asked me not to divulge what he paid for it so I am not at liberty to say. Sorry.
    Best regards, Hans

Bourbonian of the Year 2004 and Guru

Quote Originally Posted by hjlhjl View Post
    Bettye Jo,
    good question but I don't want to disclose the price if you don't mind. The collector in question wanted this bottle really badly and he was prepared to pay a decent price which he did.
    He asked me not to divulge what he paid for it so I am not at liberty to say. Sorry.
    Best regards, Hans
    I made this post to prove a point.

In the user agreement it states:

Commercial interests are prohibited from posting here except when prior arrangements have been made with Straightbourbon.com management.

Beowolff has violated his user agreement, Big time.

This is a typical example of what the member's are talking about in the thread "bottle finder"...

Beowolff, registered made "three (3) post" to sell dusties at a inflated price. There's no introduction to the newbie forum. Just straight to the sell.

So, there it is...
    Colonel Bettye Jo Boone
    Industrial Maintenance
    Technician/Journeyperson
    Heaven Hill Distilleries
    Bardstown, Kentucky

Quote Originally Posted by boone View Post
    I made this post to prove a point.

In the user agreement it states:

Commercial interests are prohibited from posting here except when prior arrangements have been made with Straightbourbon.com management.

Beowolff has violated his user agreement, Big time.

This is a typical example of what the member's are talking about in the thread "bottle finder"...

Beowolff, registered made "three (3) post" to sell dusties at a inflated price. There's no introduction to the newbie forum. Just straight to the sell.

So, there it is...

contrary to Ms Boone's personally hurtful/spiteful statement/wild opinion/accusation...this site was involved in NO dealings between me and Mister hjlhjl. everything was one hundred percent above board between the both of us. and NO 'end user agreements' of any kind were broken or intentionally violated. i came here with NO intention of selling anything. but spotting the nice Mister hjlhjl's interesting post, i posted in turn...and the rest is history. no breaking any agreements...no shady business deals...no skull-duggery of any sort. and more than any money i might have gotten from my ole LEM...i made a nice friend in Mister hjlhjl which is MANY times more valuable to me than a mere bottle of old whiskey...and to my thinking, that SHOULD be one of the 'main' ideas (or maybe THE main idea) behind this (or any other) site, anyways.

it is sad that people that do know the whole story can take potshots at others when their backs are turned. but that seems to be the norm these days.

i would ask for an apology as her spin on the facts do not bear up to the light of day, but then i strongly suspect that our Ms Boone is not the kind to give one. well, that's okay, Ms Boone. Keep it. we obviously are not alike and i can say with some relish that i am glad of that fact.

everyone please take care and prosper as you can.

Salute!

Beowolff

and yes...there it is.
    Last edited by Beowolff; 10-20-2008 at 18:22.