Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Member

Hybrid View

Novice

Hello to everyone! A little about myself, grew up in Pittsburgh Pa. A shot and a beer town (JB white) After leaving when the steel mills started closing I spent 4 years in NM then the last 20 years in Mi. still drinking JB. As fate would have it job / economy has led me to Ky. Been here almost a year. Wonted to find out what this Ky. bourbon was all about. Needless to say I haven't had any JB since I got to Ky. I'm like a little kid in a candy Store. I ride motorcycles so most of my rides are to distilleries or searching for new liquor stores. In fact if their are any riders that would be interested in a bourbon tour type of ride let me know.
    No withdrawals today but I will make a small deposit. I travel a good bit to Mi, mid Oh. and the Pitt. area. Any one needing something from Ky. be glad to make arrangements. I also ran across a few bottles that may appeal to some. I've not spent much time with MM but ran across a 2004 Seattle slew and a 2005 affirmed and a WTKS pewter top.

Thanks, Looking forward to sipping a few.
    Hank

Virtuoso

Re: New Member

Well, let me be the first to say welcome my friend. You know I willl be taking you up on the bottles down your way. Glad to see you read my post and jumped on board!
    MM is good but there are many others better for less as you well know (Hank's daily pour is W.L.Weller SR) .
    Cheers!

Tony
    "So long as the presence of death lurks with anyone who goes through the simple act of swallowing, I will make mine whiskey"

Virtuoso

I guess you have to have a catchy suject or people don't want to welcome you?

Seems pretty silly to me but that's the only thing I can see. Just like the guy above this post...same results.

I don't care Hank, your always welcome at my house.

Tony
    "So long as the presence of death lurks with anyone who goes through the simple act of swallowing, I will make mine whiskey"

Connoisseur

Welcome aboard,

Since you live in KY, I look forward to meeting you at the Sampler in May.

Stu

Novice

Thanks Tony! Glade to be on board, The info and knowledge hear is second to none.

Haven't been able to reach past the Saz 18, it's ended up in my glass all week. Saz and a dominating Steeler win = one great Monday night. (sorry if their are any Baltimore fans out their)

Stu, looking forward to the sampler and meeting all the SB members

Hank

Disciple

Damn, Tony....make a guy feel guilty, why don't ya. Anywho...Hank, welcome aboard. I know you will have a great time meeting people and learni'n bourb'n. Also, glad to hear the "hog" doesn't mean Arkansas, Boo razerbacks!

Jeff Mo.

Virtuoso

Sorry Jeff! But I have to say it seemed to be effective.

Tony

Bourbonian of the Year 2010 and Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Hog Ben View Post
    Thanks Tony! Glade to be on board, The info and knowledge hear is second to none.

Haven't been able to reach past the Saz 18, it's ended up in my glass all week. Saz and a dominating Steeler win = one great Monday night. (sorry if their are any Baltimore fans out their)

Stu, looking forward to the sampler and meeting all the SB members

Hank
    Crap, not a Steeler fan. Can't stand those people. Nearly as bad as Kentucky fans. At least your taste on whiskey is better, SAZ FTW!
    2010 Bourbonian of the Year

As long as you have good whiskey you're not "unemployed", you're "Funemployed!!!"

I'm no Pappyophile

Novice

Timothy, Timothy, Whats your bourbon of choice?
    And how much bourbon does it take to get through a Bengals game this year?

You know I couldn't resist poking a little fun at you. If your ever in Cin. I'll meet you at Martino's on Vine for a bourbon.

Connoisseur

welcome to the tasting room!

though i'm many stones' throws from you in the outer philly area (and not part of that steelers-bengals riff-raff!!!), i gotta admit i always love to see the Browns do something victorious. i really don't know why! of course, i suffer with the Eagles every week............

anyways, good we all have a common ground here!

either way, with regards to games and outcomes, we celebrate or drown our sorrows!

cheers
    andy
    HUP!