Hello to all! New member here! I've been lurking for a few weeks reading up on all the bourbon info I can trying to learn as much as possible. I'm still fairly new to the different expressions, like rye recipe or wheat recipe, and the differences between distiller's and brands. Though I seem to prefer the more mild wheat recipes so far. I used to just assume that all bourbon was the same and always went with MM, but then I found a bottle of PVW 15 and that really opened my eyes to how different they can actually be. Recently I've also picked up some Blanton's and a small bottle of 1796. I like them enough, but I still think the PVW 15 is my favorite so far. The only thing I'm bummed about is the less than stellar selection in my area. It's not terrible, but there aren't very many choices from the Buffalo Trace distillery at all (I picked up the PVW while traveling). We have all the Beam small batches though, and a few other good ones I'm looking forward to trying, so I guess I shouldn't complain too much.

Jordan