Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
    Apprentice

Noobie from So Cal

Hello Bourbon Lovers,
    I'm from Orange County CA and am new to bourbon but i'm loving it. I am a cigar smoker who started experimenting with scotch a few years ago and then canadian wiskeys and Jack at my local cigar lounge/watering hole. I was enjoying them on the rocks and i'd usually back it up with a beer. Recently the lounge got some bookers in and I was curious since a few members were raving about the proof. I tried it neat with a few drops of water, after the initial burn I found myself loving all the complex flavors!

My uncle recently introduced me to Buffalo Trace and I was hooked. Im looking forward to learning and participating. I even got my uncle to sign up here as well, GIT SUM John!!

A few personal pieces, im 31 this month. Ive been married for 6 years & we are expecting our 1st child. I work in Supply Chain logistics/transpo for a national retailer. Im looking foward to becoming a part of the community here.

Cheers!
    Lenny

Guru

Re: Noobie from So Cal

Welcome to SB .Com Len. We need more people from SoCal. I am in Glendora, very close. Get busy and try as many things as you can. You wull find so much info already on the board, so use the search function.

If you haven't already visited Hi Times in Costa Mesa..make that a priority.
    Emancipate yourself from mental slavery. None but ourselves can free our minds.

Bob Marley.

Apprentice

Thanks for the welcome sir! Yes hi times is very close to me, im in fullerton.

Welcome aboard Lenny, I hope you get your uncle to post an introduction post as well. A lot of people like cigars and bourbon we have cigar forum for you. You will find a lot of great people here that will be glad to help you along your bourbon journey. Ask as many question as you like we'll try our best to answer them. Post your thoughts about your experiences on your travels through the bourbon world. Come join us in chat it's the gazebo on the top of main forum page it says who's in chat at the bottom. Official chat times are Thursday and Sunday nights but someone is in there most every night. I'm in there most every morning as well. You'll have fun in chat. The more you participate here the more you get out of it. Have fun and make some new friends.
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider, is chaos for the fly.

Apprentice

Thanks for the input. Slowly immersing myself...hic up...

Guru

Lenny,

Nice intro and welcome. If you like bourbon, this is the place. Feel free to make liberal use of the search function as there's tons of info about all things bourbon.
    “Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.” - P.J. O’Rourke
    Greg's "bourbondork" blog

Apprentice

Sweet! Thanks for the welcome.

Welcome to SB Lenny. Fasten your seatbelt, and get ready for a fun ride. Cheers to you and your uncle! Joe
    " I never met a Weller I didn't like"