Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
    Advanced Taster

How many bottles in the 2007 bottling of PVW 23YO?

I was wondering if anyone knows exactly how many bottles were produced from the 2007 bottling of the Pappy Van Winkle Family Reserve 23 year old?

I know there were 3300, 900 and 3000 in the first three bottling but I can find no info on the 4th bottling.
    When re-arranged, the letters in "whiskey" spell "key wish," those in "spirits" spell "sip it sir," and those in "moonshine" spell "in no homes."

Re: How many bottles in the 2007 bottling of PVW 23YO?

I've not seen an exact number, but Julian has said here that the number of available barrels was larger than usual. That was part of the reason he generously offered us SB.com'ers a chance to select a couple for ourselves.
    I would suspect it's the largest Pappy 23 bottling to date.
    Tim

Advanced Taster

Thanks Tim,

I thought that it would be a larger bottling than any of the previous ones as the bottle my wife bought for me is bottle number a3364. I was just curious as to how many more were bottled.
    When re-arranged, the letters in "whiskey" spell "key wish," those in "spirits" spell "sip it sir," and those in "moonshine" spell "in no homes."

Tracy,

on top of the batch that your bottle came from, there were at least 3 private barrel purchases that occurred with Pappy that turned 23 in 2007. 2 of those barrels were the SB.com barrels (which netted 150 bottles all up) and the KBS barrel (unsure of numbers).

Cheers

Scott
    "I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day" - Frank Sinatra