Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
    Novice

Hello from Cincinnati

Just wanted to stop in and introduce myself. I'm somewhat new to the bourbon scene. My step father is a huge bourbon drinker, I've always been a vodka guy until recently I tried Four Roses single barrel after hearing so much about it. My step father has constantly offered me bourbon whenever I'm around him and I never really got into it. The Four Roses however just presented a much different taste than what I've had in the past. He drinks a lot of Woodford and a couple other brands, but they never really did it for me.

Anyways, I'm a huge vodka connoisseur and love smoking cigars. Cigars are a huge hobby of mine and I have a vast collection of both Cubans and non-cubans, so I'm always looking for a good pairing.

That's about it for me.

Taster

Re: Hello from Cincinnati

Hello BengalMan, This is the best place i've found to learn about Bourbon. Hope you enjoy.
    J.W.

Novice

Mr. Bengalman, Welcome! Somewhat new to your area myself, But what a great place to be a bourbon drinker. Our choices hear are pretty darn good to say the least. My approach has been to just keep trying different bottles. By doing that you'll find the ones that are for you.

Hank

Guru

Let me add my welcome from Northern KY as well..... enjoy!
    John B

"Drinking when we are not thirsty and making love at all seasons… that is all there is to distinguish us from other animals."

Taster

Welcome.
    Here is a tip, drive south to Covington, go to a store called Liquor Kwik (no joke), find a bottle of Russell's Reserve 10yo 101 proof. Enjoy.