Hello all. A little about myself, I grew up in Wisconsin, in the home of Woodman's (which I saw referenced recently.) I've also lived in Austin and currently reside in Seattle.

I started drinking MM Manhattans about 10 years ago. About 3 years ago, a friend introduced me to Knob Creek. That got me started drinking my bourbon neat. I tried a few others that were similar and felt like it was boring. I didn't realize everything I tried was also from Beam.

I branched out a bit. After reading about Ryes, I decided to try the only well reviewed Rye I could find in WA state at that time, the BMH 18. That just blew me away, and got me excited to experiment again. From there I tried PVW 20 & ER 17 (2006). Both were excellent, esp the PVW. I've had quite a few ryes and bourbons since. Aside from the aforementioned, I've particularly enjoyed the BMH 23 rye, EC18 & OGD 114. I also appreciate BT and Rittenhouse BIB.

I'm probably the only person who doesn't love the Hirsch 16. It thought it was just uninteresting and one dimensional, certainly not worth the price. I'm not that thrilled with an ETL I got. It had an odd burnt corn husk flavor that seemed to overwhelm everything else. It seems to be dissipating as the bottle stays open, though. The worst thing I've tried is definitely the WT Rye. It has this strong bitter and sour flavor.

I appreciate all the good info, and I'm always looking for recommendations. I've just ordered a bottle of GTS & Handy, and I'd like to locate a Saz18. Hopefully the BTAC will show up here soon.

I probably won't post much. I'm more of a listener than a talker, and it's obvious there's a lot of expertise here.

Thanks,
Tim