Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Taster

Bourbon after brushing

Has anybody else noticed how much better bourbon tastes after you've brushed your teeth? I don't know its because everything is clean or due to something else (I use Toms of Maine peppermint), but it works EVERY time for me. I feel odd for even posting this but the difference is that large for me.

Edit - slightly sweet peppermint, bourbon... sounds like the makings of a julep there. Maybe that's why!

Re: Bourbon after brushing

Funny you should mention that - I was sipping some Wild Turkey the other night with some Lindt Mint Intense dark chocolate, and it was a killer combination.

Disciple

I feel a little funny posting this, too. But, sometimes, I actually brush my teeth with bourbon. I take a largish sip, swish it around, swallow about half, and brush my teeth. I mostly do this to avoid the toothpaste taste that usually comes with brushing your teeth and I'm in the middle of my last pour just before bed.

Ed
    Bourbon makes me happy.

Go Fighters!

Guru

Flouridated bourbon, anyone?

Yours truly,
    Dave Morefield
    Yours truly,
    Dave Morefield

Dog Lover, Euphonium Player, Campfire Guitarist, Marksman,

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Edward_call_me_Ed View Post
    I feel a little funny posting this, too. But, sometimes, I actually brush my teeth with bourbon. I take a largish sip, swish it around, swallow about half, and brush my teeth. I mostly do this to avoid the toothpaste taste that usually comes with brushing your teeth and I'm in the middle of my last pour just before bed.

Ed
    And don't forget the dab behind each ear....
    John B

"Drinking when we are not thirsty and making love at all seasons… that is all there is to distinguish us from other animals."

Guru

I try to avoid eating or drinking anything just after brushing my teeth. Crest just doesn't seem to go well with anything. Mamba mentioned peppermint flavored toothpaste (Toms of Maine peppermint). I seem to remember a thread regarding the practice of putting a small peppermint candy in a glass of rye. Something that was done just before or just after repeal.

Bourbonian Of The Year 2013 and Guru

I have used Arm & Hammer Baking Soda & Peroxide toothpaste for the last several years for the sole reason that it does not affect the taste of anything that you drink or eat after brushing. Not one bit.

JOE

Advanced Taster

I don't know about the teeth brushing angle, but I know it makes a much better gargle than Listerine.
    Ron

ECONOMY, n. Purchasing the barrel of whiskey that you do not need for the price of the cow you cannot afford”
    - Ambrose Bierce

Taster

I have always enjoyed the flavor of Listerine.

Is Listerine supposed to taste like whiskey?

Enthusiast

I use one of the tooth brushes that has a tonque clener on it. Using that seems to make everything taste better and more flavorful bourbon included. Yes, it does seem quite odd to be discussing this openly. my two pennies worth.
    "Too much of anything is bad, but too much of good whiskey is barely enough". Mark Twain