Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Virtuoso

Re: Bourbon & health

Oh yes it does Ed if you do it with 1.75L bottles in each arm it a curl and is very good for the upper arm. If you isolate while bringing it back down to the table you can hit the tricept as well ! Gotta love those big bottles!!

Tony
    "So long as the presence of death lurks with anyone who goes through the simple act of swallowing, I will make mine whiskey"

Quote Originally Posted by pepcycle View Post
    I guess tilting my elbow, with a glass in my hand, doesn't qualify as "physically active" does it?
    Now, Ed! I know you are anything but inactive, regardless of employment status. After all, you support (or substantiate, depending on point of view), The Patty [whom I, as she knows (and, if she doesn't -- you will assure, Ed!) I adore!] on a daily basis. Labors of love are nonetheless labors, Ed. You're in shape for life!
    Tim

Taster

Howdy,

Bourbon's health benefits were the reason I took up drinking at age 43 last Summer! I've read too much about it's health benefits when consumed daily in moderation. I take 2 oz. every night in my Diet Coke as a "liquid sleeping pill". It works wonderfully in that role. On the odd Saturday evening, I may throw in 3 oz.

Eggman

PS: I'm beginning to appreciate JBB's flavor profile now. The char comes shining through my Diet Coke, along with some corn flakes and a hint of Caramel. YMMV.

Bourbonian of the Year 2006

The sleep inducing benefits of spirits became apparent to me when I worked in a hospital with a nursing home. Several residents received 30ccs of their preferred medication at bedtime.
    Colonel Ed
    Bourbonian of the Year 2006

Comissioned by Paul Patton, 1999

"It ain't the booze that brings me in here, it's the solace it distills"

Reasons for moderate use:

#1 as an antiseptic mouthwash
    #2 Blood thinner
    #3 Sleep aid
    #4 Relaxant agent
    #5 Religious celebratory ritual

Reasons against: I can't think of any.