Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
    Novice

New from Delaware

I am new to the site but not new to drinking . I have been reading and look forward to learning more about bourbons.

Gary

Virtuoso

Re: New from Delaware

Welcome Gary, do you know what you like or are you just getting started? Not sure what selection is like in Delaware but the Eagle Rare SB or Elijha Craig 12 are great starts or a Weller 12 if you can get it.

I use the advance search a lot and find myself reading old posts for hours! Try several different subjects and title only searches and you'll be amazed a the finding...enjoy your stay it's a great place.

Tony
    "So long as the presence of death lurks with anyone who goes through the simple act of swallowing, I will make mine whiskey"

Novice

I guess that I should have given a little more info. I have been enjoying Makers Mark and JW Dant for about the last few years but I feel that I am just starting to get a "feel" for bourbon.

Gary

Bourbonian of the Year 2010 and Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Fire44 View Post
    I guess that I should have given a little more info. I have been enjoying Makers Mark and JW Dant for about the last few years but I feel that I am just starting to get a "feel" for bourbon.

Gary
    If you like those, you're gonna love it when you get into some of the "better" bottlings...enjoy the ride, and welcome.
    2010 Bourbonian of the Year

As long as you have good whiskey you're not "unemployed", you're "Funemployed!!!"

I'm no Pappyophile

Guru

Welcome aboard. I also like the Dant BIB. Compared to the Heaven Hill BIB it has a richer flavor. One would think the difference wouldn't be much, same producer and age, but the flavor profiles are different.

Squire