Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
    Advanced Taster

Rare Bird Bourbon Tasting

This, coming up has my name all over it. I have attended many scotch tastings, however I am looking forward to my first bourbon event. Whether or not you buy into the "rare" description of the bourbons, the event for Colorado Springs is truly rare. Realize, that this press release is from the liquor store conducting the event; so pardon the hyperboles.
    RARE BIRD BOURBON TASTING
    December 17th, 6 pm : at THE WAREHOUSE Restaurant & Gallery
    This should be interesting, we donít often do bourbon tastings. The motivation is that we have just acquired access to some of the rarest and finest bourbons in existence. In the line-up will be the 10 and 17 year old Eagle Rares. Rare birds indeed. Among the other rarities will be Buffalo Trace, Van Winkel 12 year old, George T. Stagg (cask strength), and Sazerac Rye 6 year old, Weller 12 year old and the old "benchmark," Blantons. We have enlisted the "Whiskey Professor," Buz Dabkowski, to shepherd us through these sublime spirits. Buz has conducted whiskey tastings and seminars around the world. So, we all will be in knowledgeable and experienced hands. The tasting/seminar will take place at the Warehouse on Monday, December 17th. Tip-off is at 6 p.m. The cost per participant is $30 (plus tax and tip).

Now my question is, should I know Mr. Dabkowski?
    ďThe optimist sees the glass half full. The pessimist sees the glass half empty. The drunk says, 'Are you gonna drink that'?"

Bourbonian of the Year 2007

Re: Rare Bird Bourbon Tasting

Quote Originally Posted by Chaz7 View Post
    In the line-up will be the 10 and 17 year old Eagle Rares. Rare birds indeed. Among the other rarities will be Buffalo Trace, Van Winkel 12 year old, George T. Stagg (cask strength), and Sazerac Rye 6 year old, Weller 12 year old and the old "benchmark," Blantons.
    This sounds like an interesting evening sampling many of BT/VW's best. Enjoy.
    ____ ____
    Barrel_Proof

Connoisseur

Re: Rare Bird Bourbon Tasting

I try to go to these at Binnys when I can. They're fun and there'll be other bourbon enthusiasts there. Had some Eagle 17 from last year the other night and it was quite good. Let us know if there's 2007 ER 17.