Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 25
  1. #1
    Enthusiast
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Hollywood, FL
    Posts
    284

    Increase in price

    While at my favorite local retailer yesterday, I noticed 2 significant price increases:

    Knob Creek (750ml): Was $22.00, now $28.00 (27% inc.)
    Eagle Rare 10yr SB (750ml): Was $20, now $24.00 (20% inc.)

    These increases occurred in the last month.

    This is in South Florida. Is the rest of the country experiencing these price increases, or is this confined to this particular retailer?

    -Kevin

  2. #2
    Apprentice
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington, D.C.
    Posts
    43

    Re: Increase in price

    I have to sell Knob Creek 750's for $29.99 now.

    ER 10yr is now $26.99.




    (Washington, D.C.)

  3. #3
    Connoisseur
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    681

    Re: Increase in price

    Quote Originally Posted by CrashRiley View Post
    I have to sell Knob Creek 750's for $29.99 now.

    ER 10yr is now $26.99.




    (Washington, D.C.)
    Wow I just bought a bottle of ER 10 SB for $19.99....better go get some more.
    "That rug really tied the room together" -- Jeffery Lebowski

  4. #4
    Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Central Taxachusetts
    Posts
    314

    Re: Increase in price

    I mentioned the same thing about the Eagle Rare about a month ago. They have had two price increases in the past year. The small batch collection hasn't really moved this year. I bought 6 bottles of the Eagle rare for $18.99 the last time it was on sale. Now it's $23.99. Still not bad for the quality I'd say.

    There has also been a slight increase in the Wild Turkey bottles.

    Chris

  5. #5
    Disciple
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Arlington, VA
    Posts
    1,886

    Re: Increase in price

    ERSB has been badly underpriced for quite awhile now. It's still a bargain at anything under the mid-$30s.
    -Dan

    Who stole the cork from my breakfast?

  6. #6

    Re: Increase in price

    Quote Originally Posted by Sijan View Post
    ERSB has been badly underpriced for quite awhile now. It's still a bargain at anything under the mid-$30s.
    In Tennessee, it's always been just badly priced -- it's never been under $30, and now is $33-ish. Even Buffalo Trace recently took a price hike to $22.
    It was only a matter of time till BT's bottlings started inching upward -- they've been on allocation even with limited distribution for quite some time. Now, with the distillery trying to take many brands national (or, at least, more widely sold) it must, in effect, discourage some value buyers in order to have enough whiskey to attract even more upscale buyers.
    Tim

  7. #7
    Virtuoso
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    The Old Original SW
    Posts
    1,001

    Re: Increase in price

    Quote Originally Posted by TNbourbon View Post
    In Tennessee, it's always been just badly priced -- it's never been under $30, and now is $33-ish. Even Buffalo Trace recently took a price hike to $22.
    It was only a matter of time till BT's bottlings started inching upward -- they've been on allocation even with limited distribution for quite some time. Now, with the distillery trying to take many brands national (or, at least, more widely sold) it must, in effect, discourage some value buyers in order to have enough whiskey to attract even more upscale buyers.
    Sounds like a rather difficult position for BT to say the least. When I am in the Nashville & Memphis metro areas, I have noticed prices higher than 1-2 years ago for BT products and every other distillery/company as well. In W TN areas some brands lower and some higher compared to M TN areas. Don't get to E TN much, so I don't know how they compare. I've always heard the distributors pretty much control the flow & prices in the state.

    As for ERSB in particular, I have seen prices all over the board from $20 to $35 in TN. In some spots down the eastern side of MS, I have seen it for $16-18. I cannot recall one label/brand having so much price difference as ERSB seems to have from place to place. All I can figure is the old supply/demand equation coming into play as well as who is 'controlling' the prices - be it a distributor state or board state (such as MS).

  8. #8
    Guru
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Northwest of Peoria
    Posts
    4,437

    Re: Increase in price

    Quote Originally Posted by TNbourbon View Post
    In Tennessee, it's always been just badly priced -- it's never been under $30, and now is $33-ish. Even Buffalo Trace recently took a price hike to $22.
    It was only a matter of time till BT's bottlings started inching upward -- they've been on allocation even with limited distribution for quite some time. Now, with the distillery trying to take many brands national (or, at least, more widely sold) it must, in effect, discourage some value buyers in order to have enough whiskey to attract even more upscale buyers.

    This past Saturday I picked up a bottle of Buffalo Trace at a local
    Hy Vee. Reading this thread prompted me to dig out my receipt. I payed $22.39, which I think is what I payed a couple months ago. In any case even if it edges past the 25 dollar mark I'd much rather that than have the brand suffer from too much success.

  9. #9
    Advanced Taster
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    190

    Re: Increase in price

    Quote Originally Posted by scopenut View Post
    While at my favorite local retailer yesterday, I noticed 2 significant price increases:

    Knob Creek (750ml): Was $22.00, now $28.00 (27% inc.)
    Eagle Rare 10yr SB (750ml): Was $20, now $24.00 (20% inc.)

    These increases occurred in the last month.

    This is in South Florida. Is the rest of the country experiencing these price increases, or is this confined to this particular retailer?

    -Kevin
    $22 for Knob Creek is a screaming deal. $28 is still about $6 cheaper than I can buy it here locally, unless it's on sale
    Chris/Oregon

  10. #10
    Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Kansas City metro, US of A
    Posts
    430

    Re: Increase in price

    God Bless the excess bourbon in my bunker. Prices have gone up since I went on my last buying spree. I'll try to buy some more whusk right after Christmas as they sell off their stock of giftsets.
    Here's to us, who's like us?
    Damned few and they're all dead

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. ORVW Price Increase
    By Big Chipper in forum General Bourbon Discussion
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 10-12-2007, 09:12
  2. The Price of Corn
    By darkluna in forum General Bourbon Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-29-2007, 09:14
  3. The price we pay
    By Nebraska in forum General Bourbon Discussion
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 08-31-2006, 20:04

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Back to top