Although I've never purchased any whiskey off of eBay, I occasionally look around as you can find some interesting bottles. In can sometimes be a fun way to look into the past. In any case I just found the following very interesting unopened bottle.
Of course this brings up many thoughts and questions:
I guess what I am really trying to say is this for real? If so, although $480 is nothing to sneeze at, it actually sounds like a good deal.
- Is it just me or does the tax stamp looks too modern for 1872?
- Also, is it just me again, or is it strange to see whiskey this old being aged for 9 years? Most whiskey back then was hardly aged at all right?
- The fill level seems very good for a 135 year old bottle!
- The mash bill is very interesting! 2/3 rye and 1/3 corn
- From what I have read, some of you guys and gals have some early 1900s bourbon, but I have never read about anyone here having any pre-1900 whiskey. Does anyone know of anyone that has any whiskey this old?