Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.

Hybrid View

Novice

Greetings from Delaware.

I'm a Hoosier born and bred and am still deeply in love with southern Indiana, which has a character not unlike rural Kentucky, but find myself now a resident of Delaware as my wife is here for school. The east coast is a bit too crowded and frantic for me, but I'm getting by. Software (programming) is my personal trade.

My standard pour is OGD BIB, which I get for $15/fifth or $33/half, with Delaware's standard 0% sales tax on top of that. Other stuff currently in the bar includes OGD 114, WT 101—bought as it's my father-in-law's standard—, Old Overholt, and some Alberta Premium (a 100% rye grain Canadian). I seem to have developed a rye-leaning bar.

Other interests include bicycling, rock climbing, shooting, anything else in the great outdoors, and tobacco—I like almost anything Fuente, Hoyo Excalibur №1, and Levi Garrett chaw.

Thanks to those who put the time and money in to starting and maintaining this site. I know it's hard work, and I appreciate it. The results are great.

Re: Greetings from Delaware.

Quote Originally Posted by mml View Post
    ... WT 101—bought as it's my father-in-law's standard...
    I admire your father-in-law's standards (only you, I guess, can speak to his daughter's) -- a lot of us consider the standard WT 101 the archetypal 'standard' bottling. No, it's not what it used to be, but it still is very much representative of what rye-recipe bourbon is.
    Welcome to the board.
    Tim

Disciple

Welcome! OGD BIB is a great everyday pour - a personal favorite of mine.
    -Dan

Who stole the cork from my breakfast?

Connoisseur

Go Hens! I miss the good ol' U of D.

Connoisseur

welcome!

i actually got my recent Wild Turkey Russell's Reserve 101 at the Discount liquor store in Claymont...right near the Dunkin Donuts! good store. great prices.

though i'm a bit across the state line, i don't have an awful commute to north Wilmington every day.

and yes, i have to say, too, that good ole WT 101 is one of my favorites.
    HUP!

Virtuoso

Welcome to the Board.

Where 'bouts you from in So Indiana?

I'm in Newburgh (just outside E'ville)

I'm sure you will learn alot here (and greatly expand your pouring selections !!!)

Novice

birdman,

I lived in Bloomington (or at least Monroe County) from '92-'06, excepting a few months spent riding the rails in Europe. I got 1.99 degrees from IU (that last 1% is a bitch) along the way.

-Matt

Novice

Quote Originally Posted by polyamnesia View Post
    i actually got my recent Wild Turkey Russell's Reserve 101 at the Discount liquor store in Claymont...right near the Dunkin Donuts! good store. great prices.
    That's Total Wine (we call it Total Wino around the house ). It's definitely a winner, and it's just up the road from me. The other place that has good prices, decent selection, and usually a fair number of gift sets, is Kreston, down on Concord Ave.

Thanks for the welcome,

-Matt

Novice

I am a little south of you in Smyrna. Welcome to the site. I guess that I am going to have to head up your way for some WT!!

Gary

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by mml View Post
    That's Total Wine (we call it Total Wino around the house ). It's definitely a winner, and it's just up the road from me. The other place that has good prices, decent selection, and usually a fair number of gift sets, is Kreston, down on Concord Ave.

Thanks for the welcome,

-Matt
    hey and yeah, i know TWine...great place and super beer selection!

but the store i'm talking about is on Phil. Pike, near the DDonuts...across the street from the Church of the Holy Rosary (i think that's the name). store isn't nearly as clean and bright and crisp as TWine! but there are some deals in there? i just got my first OLD OVERHOLT there yesterday.
    HUP!