Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.

Thread: Chivas Regal

Enthusiast

Chivas Regal

Yesterday, I tried Chivas Regal (12y) at a friend of mine. Well, though I generally do not like Scotch blends as much as I like bourbon, I actually enjoyed this one, supporting my readings about it on the internet. It was something like creamy with a mellow taste, giving me the impression as if it included some chocolates. I can compare this with JWB which I also like, but I need to freshen my JWB experience, first. Coming soon...

Disciple

Re: Chivas Regal

I've not had Chivas 12 in awhile. Have been meaning to try Chivas 18, which I've been hearing very good things about lately, and is priced pretty competitively in the DC area.

JWB is some good stuff. I like Teacher's as well.
    -Dan

Who stole the cork from my breakfast?

Enthusiast

Re: Chivas Regal

Quote Originally Posted by Sijan View Post
    I've not had Chivas 12 in awhile. Have been meaning to try Chivas 18, which I've been hearing very good things about lately...
    Hi Dan:

As it happens, I just got to sample Chivas 12 & 18 HTH a couple of days ago at the local Gov't retailer store. What suprised me is that the 18 tasted far "bolder" and oakier than the 12 which was quiet and creamy by comparison. Nothing wrong with the 12 IMHO - not a note out of place, and extremely plesant. But not the most challanging on one's plalate.