Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
    Enthusiast

Question Kentucky Gentleman?

I saw a few Kentucky Gentleman bottles in a liquor store, today. This is a new brand for me, I have never seen it before. When I came home, I made a google search and found that it was a Barton brand. Is it worth trying? I couldn't decide whether to make a purchase. And a note: I do not like Ten High, which is also a Barton whiskey. It has a harsh burn IMO. I would definitely prefer JBW or Early Times to Ten High. Now, should I try Kentucky Gentleman?
    Last edited by mrt; 03-23-2008 at 12:59.

Bourbonian of the Year 2002 and Guru

Re: Kentucky Gentleman?

The KY Gentleman is likely to be either exactly the same as Ten High or even a bit younger and harsher. You probably won't like it.

Guru

Around here, KY Gentleman is usually a "well" bourbon, most often used in a Coke or other mixer.
    John B

"Drinking when we are not thirsty and making love at all seasons… that is all there is to distinguish us from other animals."

Taster

Quote Originally Posted by mrt View Post
    I saw a few Kentucky Gentleman bottles in a liquor store, today. This is a new brand for me, I have never seen it before. When I came home, I made a google search and found that it was a Barton brand. Is it worth trying? I couldn't decide whether to make a purchase. And a note: I do not like Ten High, which is also a Barton whiskey. It has a harsh burn IMO. I would definitely prefer JBW or Early Times to Ten High. Now, should I try Kentucky Gentleman?

I came upon a bottle of Southern Charm as I mentioned in my introductory. It was produced in Pennsylvania. Thanks to Sijan for pointing out that it musn't be kentucky straight bourbon, such as I mentioned, since it came from Pennsylvania. But he hadn't heard of it as well. I searched the internet for this bottle type and name but as yet have not found any information. Not sure if anyone here knows of this selection but it's not a bottle I have seen through travel till now.

Kindest,

Geb

Irreverent One

Quote Originally Posted by Huegeb View Post
    I came upon a bottle of Southern Charm as I mentioned in my introductory. It was produced in Pennsylvania. Thanks to Sijan for pointing out that it musn't be kentucky straight bourbon, such as I mentioned, since it came from Pennsylvania. But he hadn't heard of it as well. I searched the internet for this bottle type and name but as yet have not found any information. Not sure if anyone here knows of this selection but it's not a bottle I have seen through travel till now.

Kindest,

Geb
    I would love to see a picture of that, with close-ups of the labels. Must be some sort of export-only whiskey.
    Scott

"Remember that your sense of humor is inversely proportional to your level of intolerance."
    - Serge Storms

Enthusiast

Thank you for the replies, they're helpful for me.