Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Bourbonian of the Year 2002 and Guru

Crowgey Republication Imminent

I believe Mike Veach tipped us some time ago that this was in the works.

The University of Kentucky Press has decided to republish Henry Crowgey's Kentucky Bourbon: The Early Years of Whiskeymaking.

Originally published in 1971, this is one of the few serious scholarly works ever done on the subject, and is a very thorough and credible account of the industry's development in the late 18th and early 19th centuries. The release is scheduled for February, 2008. Amazon is accepting pre-release orders. (That's the link.)

I won't lie. If you buy it using this link, you will put a few pennies in my pocket, but the cost to you is the same.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Enthusiast

Re: Crowgey Republication Imminent

Any idea on the release date? Looks like just the sort of book I would like to read. Thanks for the tip I will keep an eye out for it.
    "Too much of anything is bad, but too much of good whiskey is barely enough". Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by HipFlask View Post
    Any idea on the release date? Looks like just the sort of book I would like to read. Thanks for the tip I will keep an eye out for it.
    Amazon says Feb. 1. I just ordered it, along with Sam Cecil's book, finally (I started out at your link, Chuck -- but, after logging in, browsing, checking previous orders, etc., I don't know if I did you any good at all -- hope so!).
    Tim

Connoisseur

Thanks for the info!

Mark

I love him whose soul squanders itself, who wants no thanks...for he always gives away and does not want to preserve himself.
    -Nietzsche

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by mgilbertva View Post
    Thanks for the info!
    What he said.
    ovh

Got mine. So Chuck what was your cut of my purchase?

Bourbonian of the Year 2002 and Guru

I'm not sure. It might be all of 70 cents. Anybody can play. It's called the Amazon Associates Program.

Quote Originally Posted by cowdery View Post
    I'm not sure. It might be all of 70 cents. Anybody can play. It's called the Amazon Associates Program.
    You'll be rich!

Guru

Hmmm, when I read this thread title I thought Chuck had uncharacteristically overimbibed, forgot how to spell his own name and decided to become a political Conservative.....
    Dane
    I don't drink to excess. But I'll drink to most anything else.

Virtuoso

Quote Originally Posted by cowdery View Post
    I think I got almost two dollars last quarter.

I do much better with google AdSense. Not enough to quit the day job, but enough to pay for the web hosting.

I think if I actually updated my book reviews put some more effort into it I could get more amazon money. It was a sad day when they figured out how to deduct my own purchases.